ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
thegame said:
what the hell is it?
It is an exhaust cutout. You weld it into place near the bottom of downpipe so that you can use a quiet catback, and have a ridiculously loud free flowing exhaust at the touch of a button.

·
Registered
773 Posts
hellafastWRX said:
looked like a bong at first glance
I actually choked on my spit when i read that. LOL

A push button bong......priceless.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jugger said:
iv wanted one of those for quite sometime now...

how much was it and where did you get it???

please keep us posted!!!!!!!!!
It was about 200$. I am removing my downpipe tommorow and taking it to a weld shop. Basically they are removing a 9" piece from my downpipe and inserting that black pipe in the picture. Then im putting the downpipe back on and wiring the switch, and finally i have to hook up the switch to the battery. Should be pretty straightforward after its welded to my downpipe. I will post pics after everything is done, and ready to go, and I will make a video for you guys also, as long as someone can host it, so I can show you what this little thing does and how the car sounds. This was the right move for me, because even tho im only 22 I got sick and tired of hearing that loud ass exhaust, it was so loud. This way I can have peace and quiet and then when im ready to rumble I can give even the loudest harley something to think about.

-BobbyD

BTW...someone please buy my old exhaust off me, custom APC... 140$ + shipping. LOL

·
Registered
446 Posts
thats going to be awesome......what dia is the Y-pipe it comes with....im wondering if it will fit on my bosal down pipe...where do you plan on mounting the switch

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
im actually going to go this route too!!! ITs a QTEC cutout. Ill just get the QTEC downpipe...500 dollars...and leave the stock exhaust on. Instant horsepower at the push of a button..not to mention you can go either open or closed..or any degree in between with the QTEC! I was told that the fastest WRX around the US uses this cutout!

·
Registered
945 Posts
so it's like a silencer that you can turn off an on??

remind me of our scarab we use to have....always had to have the silencers on while in the harbor...then when we got out.....turn it off and it rumbled like crazy

·
Registered
498 Posts
thats crazy!!! let us know how it goes.. i might be ordering one too, if they have them ready for the 2004 (im sure they do) but definitely keep us updated!!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I made another thread about it...forgot the name tho, lol. Anyways, I had to install my qtec on the stock midpipe(gutted) because i had the downpipe that does not replace the midpipe. This was hard to do and it took a lot of welding, about 3 hours worth, but the fit came out perfect. One problem we had was the bolts that were welded on the y-pipe were not long enough for the engine flange and bolts to go on it. So we had to cut those off and put longer ones are. I am not sure why they were so short, dont know if it was just a mishap but luckily I had the tools neccessary to handle it. Your average joe would have gone to a weldshop and paid some out of pocket money to do that. I love it, it is quiet as stock when I have the qtec off, because I put my stock axleback back on. When I turn it on it sounds like a nasty drag car, its stupid loud. I often have to turn it off when I am about to pass a police officer, cause I am afraid its too loud for him to let be. I am very happy with the product tho, good quality, and its everything I wanted, quiet when I take out the girlfriend and nasty loud when I wanna play around!

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
BobbyD said:
I made another thread about it...forgot the name tho, lol. Anyways, I had to install my qtec on the stock midpipe(gutted) because i had the downpipe that does not replace the midpipe. This was hard to do and it took a lot of welding, about 3 hours worth, but the fit came out perfect. One problem we had was the bolts that were welded on the y-pipe were not long enough for the engine flange and bolts to go on it. So we had to cut those off and put longer ones are. I am not sure why they were so short, dont know if it was just a mishap but luckily I had the tools neccessary to handle it. Your average joe would have gone to a weldshop and paid some out of pocket money to do that. I love it, it is quiet as stock when I have the qtec off, because I put my stock axleback back on. When I turn it on it sounds like a nasty drag car, its stupid loud. I often have to turn it off when I am about to pass a police officer, cause I am afraid its too loud for him to let be. I am very happy with the product tho, good quality, and its everything I wanted, quiet when I take out the girlfriend and nasty loud when I wanna play around!
sounds good man! but how long can you actually drive with the switch on before you become horribly annoyed?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 25 Posts