Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) Will i need any gaskets.
2) Anyone see any boost issues like boost cut?
3) It will bolt to my stock cat back?
4) Anyone see any ses lights?
5) I know it makes the exhaust louder but by how much just a tad?
6) Is it worth jet coating?

Thanks again guys

tony

·
Registered
79 Posts
God said:
IT comes with gaskets and bolts and yes bolts right on to stock exhaust. Not worth coating the exhaust IMO. It should have no boost creep problems with stock exhaust.
what kind of gasket is used to connect the GS dp and stock exhaust? oems? Just changed my exhaust from tanabe catback to stock, and the damn thing is leaking. any advice

·
Banned
968 Posts
NORCAL STI said:
1) Will i need any gaskets.
2) Anyone see any boost issues like boost cut?
3) It will bolt to my stock cat back?
4) Anyone see any ses lights?
5) I know it makes the exhaust louder but by how much just a tad?
6) Is it worth jet coating?
1) Search.
2) Search.
3) Search.
4) Search.
5) Search.
6) No.

·
Registered
4 Posts
god, i didnt get any gaskets or bolts when my dp arrived, and the box was in pretty bad shape...can the gaskets and everything just be bought at a subaru dealer?

·
1,911 Posts
THe bolts are just regular M10 bolts from hardware. The gasket is special though. I can mail you one tomorrow to replace it but make sure it is not taped to inside of box. We now actually bolt the gasket and bolts to the downpipe before we ship to avoid them not making it. I apologize for that.

·
Registered
79 Posts
God said:
THe bolts are just regular M10 bolts from hardware. The gasket is special though. I can mail you one tomorrow to replace it but make sure it is not taped to inside of box. We now actually bolt the gasket and bolts to the downpipe before we ship to avoid them not making it. I apologize for that.
Dan,
pm me for the price of your special gasket. I need it. thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I installed mine on Friday. A tiny bit louder at idle, and a bit more than tiny at throttle. Very nice boxer sound. You hear the turbo whoosh a bit more. As usual, everything from Dan at godspeed was first class. My mechanic does work on late model Vettes, has one himself. He could not believe how well everything looked and fit perfectly. Great stuff Dan. Also. I can't believe the performance boost. Car will hit 17 pounds now when I nail it as opposed to 14-14.5 before, than slowly settle to around 15. No creep at all ( I have stock cat back). Really pulls much harder than before.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
Re: Re: Godspeed downpipe, For those that have it

Mili727 said:
1) Search.
2) Search.
3) Search.
4) Search.
5) Search.
6) No.
nice job helping out mili. the time it took you to type that could have also answered his questions. :rolleyes:

but in the future, run the searches yourself, and link him to them. i searched, and there were no immediate clear answers.

dR

·
Registered
763 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Godspeed downpipe, For those that have it

dark_rex said:
nice job helping out mili. the time it took you to type that could have also answered his questions. :rolleyes:

but in the future, run the searches yourself, and link him to them. i searched, and there were no immediate clear answers.

dR
:rotfl: ....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Godspeed downpipe, For those that have it

qbbraveheart said:
agreed....all your answers are in that search button ;) :wiggles:
Agreed 2 but they are all spread on different forums; so I dont agree that the most efficient way of getting info is to do searches, I mean, its good and all that but there are some things that are better answered in a thread like this 1.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts