ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I am in the process of upgrading my 2001 WRX with a VF34, and am looking at getting some gauges. This is the only mods I am doing is the VF34 and that is it, so I don't need top of the line AEM gauges and my budget wont allow me to get them, and I was going to get some Glowshift or Prosport and was leaning toward glowshift, but I just can't shake the feeling they are not worth it.

I have had some feedback from youtubers using them from 2018/2019 that they are really good for their price and have worked well but a lot of reviews say they are trash, don't work etc, but those are from like 2011 and before.

Are glowshifts still crap, or are they an ok gauge for what I am planning. Like I said, I have a fairly stock 2001 WRX that I am putting a VF34 in, and that is basically it, so if there were any good gauges for a good price, what would be your opinion.

I came across Depo and was consdering some of those, but the Glowshift or Prosport are right on my price range.

I already have a Defi STI Genome Boost Gauge and only need oil pressure and Wideband A/F and Oil Temp gauges.

Cheers!

·
Æternum
19,853 Posts
They are crap, but the right tool for the right job. You won't be relying on the gauges, so if they are broken or inaccurate, what is lost?

Wideband A/F
What wideband would you install? Reason I ask is that the AEM UEGO comes with a gauge, saving you the step.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are crap, but the right tool for the right job. You won't be relying on the gauges, so if they are broken or inaccurate, what is lost?

What wideband would you install? Reason I ask is that the AEM UEGO comes with a gauge, saving you the step.
I think I have just decided to bite the bullet and get 2x AEM gauges. After asking numerous people, it seems glowshift/propsort etc are 50/50 between absolute crap and good for the price, but AEM reviews have been 100% good. I can get a Wideband AEM for $289 NZ and an oil pressure AEM for $350 NZ, and I already have a Defi Sti Genome Boost gauge which came with car. So I guess getting 2x AEM and having the boost gauge is all I really need right? Unless there is another good brand to get an electrical oil pressure gauge for less than $350?

·
Æternum
19,853 Posts
If it is the AEM UEGO, yes it... comes with the WBO2 sensor AND controller built in to the gauge. That is all you need. Same wtih the AEM Oil Pressure gauge -- that also includes a sender and controller.

So I guess getting 2x AEM and having the boost gauge is all I really need right? Unless there is another good brand to get an electrical oil pressure gauge for less than $350?
Technically you don't need any of it. TBH, I think an oil temperature gauge would be the most useful.

·
BooSTIng
2,737 Posts
I recently had the aem uego and aem oil pressure gauges installed in my STi. I love them. I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for. They work great, and look great in the car.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have a Innovate MTX-L Wideband and love it, if not that I myself would have went with AEM, I will say this I have a prosport mechanical boost gauge and it has worked perfectly over the 2yrs I've had it installed on the car, no issues what so ever, showing accurate boost levels, however I already have money set back for when it goes down to throw a Defi or similar gauge in its place. I can understand using prosport on something mechanical like boost/oil pressure, but you need to know what youre getting yourself into before hand, it could work perfectly for years with no issues like mine did, or it could die the second day you have it. Its just part of the game when buying a cheap mechanical gauge. However I would never go cheap on something like the AFR gauge.

·
Æternum
19,853 Posts
On my bugeye, I used to run an AEM UEGO. I bought the UEGO because it didn't need a free-air calibration. Boy was that a mistake. I never trusted the gauge because there was literally no way to zero out any sensor drift. The calibration is ONLY good immediately from the factory and there is no way to offset for long-term sensor drift (this will happen as the sensor ages).

I found myself wishing I had bought an Innovate LC.

The LC3 looks to be the PEFECT solution. Free air calibration, CAN compatible, no pesky gauge... perfect for me to bring the signal into the ECU. Something notable about me -- I HATE gauges. They aren't necessary.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I feel like I don't see many people talking about Innovate AFR gauges, but I have had nothing but a pleasant experience with mine. I zero my gauge out about every 6 months or so/ or after a trip to the drag strip/track and it has always been spot on.

·
Æternum
19,853 Posts
IDK. Used to be the de facto solution before the UEGO arrived.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts