Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got my cat-back system installed with a glass pack. From what the people told me, this thing is like a muffler turned backwards so the sound is like you dont have a muffler and hp gains are better than with a muffler. I went to the shop planning to install my Apexi N1 which i heard was a great muffler for the WRX but ended up gettin a glass pack which was alot cheaper and nicer sounding imo. does anyone else have a glass pack? or no any other things about these?

·
2,210 Posts
I'm guessing it depends on the individual muffler system. The mufflers I considered for my Jeep use a straight though perforated pipe in the muffler, with a glass pack surrounding it. This is exactly the same setup that's used on dirt bikes (I repacked mine last weekend).

The muffler turned backwards comment is a little confusing, so we may be on completely different wavelengths.

-Pace

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
Sorry to flame on the glasspack parade but I hate the sound of those CHERRY BOMBS. All the Lowrider Impalas in downtown Redwood City roll out with Glass packs on their rides and they sound like $%&*. And when you decelerate, they pop and hiss. Get a Real muffler.

If you are concerned about restriction buy a Flowmaster muffler and have it put on. I run dual Flowmasters on my 69' bird and I also had a Triple Chamber Flowmaster put on my 94' 4runner. I don't know how loud a Flowmaster would be on a REX but it is the one of the lowest restriction mufflers out. Muscle Cars that run in the NMCA run Flowmasters instead of open headers now and actually make more power with MUFFLERS than open headers without all the noise.

The reason why a Flowmaster flows so well is there is no fiberglass packing or much restriction. There are however chamber inside the muffler for the sound to bounce off of that lessens the sound coming out. Check it out at http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/web10/SePerfMuff2.html

Good luck
Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well.......im not sure about the MUFFLER being backwards, but they said something was backwards. I think my exhaust sounds good so far......i haven't heard any popping hissing or any noises like that. But thanx for the input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts