ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have almost zero experience with any other dealership in the world, but I will say that when I leased my Impreza there, 5 years ago, their first offer was better than anyone elses. When I came back for my WRX, they treated me the same way, and have always been great with service. I just got my clutch replaced under warranty (starting to slip under boost in 4th/5th) and there wasnt a question at all about it being covered or me getting a loner car right off the bat. A 1000 dollar repair cost me 35 dollars for the oil change I got during the same drop-off. Also they estimated a few days for parts/labor...I had the car within 24 hours!

Side note, my new clutch is significantly lighter than the original. When I started my car, I nearly put my foot through the floor. Was the old really heavy or is there something weird with this one??

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Some dealers are quite good. Welsh Subaru in Limerick, PA has been very good to me for several years.

I have dealt with several other dealers over the years. They were mediocre at best, inexcusably horrible at worst.

·
Not Asian
1,069 Posts
Wish I was near one of these gems. I've got Faulkner in Harrisburg and Cumberland Valley Motors in Mechanicsburg. Was not happy with sales at Faulkner but was really happy with service on my last 2 Subarus. CVM (where I bought my most recent car) is the opposite. Sales was great, service still needs to prove themselves. If it wasn't for the loaner car through my warranty period, I'd probably already be going back to Faulkner for service.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Some dealers are quite good. Welsh Subaru in Limerick, PA has been very good to me for several years.

I have dealt with several other dealers over the years. They were mediocre at best, inexcusably horrible at worst.
I bought my 09 from Welsh. The sales rep was Tom Emmons. He was a very nice guy, and let me test drive it extensively before I bought it.
Do you have any experience with the service manager at Welsh? Do you know if they're mod-friendly, or sticklers with voiding warranties?

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Glanzmann is seriously the best dealership I've ever been to. I ordered/bought my WRX from them. After going to about 5 other Subaru dealerships closer to me and getting treated like a poor teenager, I went to Glanzmann and bought from them. Well worth the drive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts