ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i'm thinking about buying the isc n1 for my 11 sedan but i dont know many people with this suspension and beyond what the sellers are telling me there's not much else. so i want to know about noises,ride quality over time. the little i've read on here talks about noises and the n1s not being able to go to stock height and one guy said the ride was bone jarring, i have ridden in a 12 sedan with n1s set to 20 and it was fine but that was only for about 2 minutes on ok road . how is ajw when it comes to honoring the warrantee if or when you have issues will they let you out of them if your not happy with them, what happens if they happens to go out of buisness where do you get these serviced. any information on these good and bad will be really helpful in my decision making. i'm also thinking about the bc coilover if any has experience with those please tell me all you can on that as well. thanks guys

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
With the ISCs you get more bang for your buck. I put them on my girls LGT and they do the job. They've held alignment just fine. The ride is a little bumpy but that has a lot to do with your damper settings and your spring preloads. I don't know why you'd want to get stock ride height on coilovers. They are decent entry level coils. Are they great? No. I certainly wouldn't track them but they are a cheap solution to getting adjustable ride height and stiffness. Most people are better served getting a spring/strut combo although there aren't many choices when it comes to springs for the newer years. This is what brought me to my decision to go with an entry level coilover. I still need to play around with them and make adjustments here and there but overall, I'm happy with them for now.

CN:
They aren't amazing but they are functional.
They are decently priced for what you get.
With adjustments I believe you can get the desired results.
Don't track with them.
I'm happy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With the ISCs you get more bang for your buck. I put them on my girls LGT and they do the job. They've held alignment just fine. The ride is a little bumpy but that has a lot to do with your damper settings and your spring preloads. I don't know why you'd want to get stock ride height on coilovers. They are decent entry level coils. Are they great? No. I certainly wouldn't track them but they are a cheap solution to getting adjustable ride height and stiffness. Most people are better served getting a spring/strut combo although there aren't many choices when it comes to springs for the newer years. This is what brought me to my decision to go with an entry level coilover. I still need to play around with them and make adjustments here and there but overall, I'm happy with them for now.

CN:
They aren't amazing but they are functional.
They are decently priced for what you get.
With adjustments I believe you can get the desired results.
Don't track with them.
I'm happy.

thanks for the response, the reason for wanting stock height is because i live in boston and when the snow hits i want it to be able to clear it with no worries. i also want to put it back to stock height or close to it so i dont have any problems with inspection.... my friend just recommended i went with a spring/sway combo, problem is the snow/inspection, i dont have a shop or tools even to change out springs when i need then go back and do it again. if you do springs on stock struts its luck of the draw if your struts dont blow out then i'll need struts. at that point i might as well had just done coils cause just about all the strut (koni) cost about as much as an entry level coil setup. with coils now you have the problem of needing to set them up where they're comfortable and with the winters you have to worry about them rusting up and then having issues with the adjustablility.

·
Damned Malcontent
709 Posts
Cannot speak about the coils, but I can say that AJW has great customer service. I live 20 minutes away, sure, but I have seen their commitment to the customer first-hand many times. They stand by their products and service.

sent from my kindle conflagration

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Why do you want coilovers?

A much better and cost-effective option for 99.99% of people is a good set of springs and struts.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
jdmsubielvr said:
thanks for the response, the reason for wanting stock height is because i live in boston and when the snow hits i want it to be able to clear it with no worries. i also want to put it back to stock height or close to it so i dont have any problems with inspection.... my friend just recommended i went with a spring/sway combo, problem is the snow/inspection, i dont have a shop or tools even to change out springs when i need then go back and do it again. if you do springs on stock struts its luck of the draw if your struts dont blow out then i'll need struts. at that point i might as well had just done coils cause just about all the strut (koni) cost about as much as an entry level coil setup. with coils now you have the problem of needing to set them up where they're comfortable and with the winters you have to worry about them rusting up and then having issues with the adjustablility.
I get more snow than you here in Upstate NY; a good set of springs shouldn't be an issue in the winter. Every height adjustment will require a new alignment, so factor in $200/year "maintenance" if you go through with C/Os and swapping ride height between seasons.

·
8,921 Posts
I get more snow than you here in Upstate NY; a good set of springs shouldn't be an issue in the winter. Every height adjustment will require a new alignment, so factor in $200/year "maintenance" if you go through with C/Os and swapping ride height between seasons.
Plus if you don't have a shop or tools to remove springs when you have to change them, you don't have a shop or tools to make ride height adjustments even with coils. Just my .02. You can fail inspection for having a different ride height than stock?

·
Æternum
20,615 Posts
A much better and cost-effective option for 99.99% of people is a good set of springs and struts.
This. I think it's mostly for bragging rights.

·
8,921 Posts
This. I think it's mostly for bragging rights.
I have coils. Two sets! Give me two pair, I need to two pair....I go cruisin in my Subaru!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why do you want coilovers?

well a decent c/o starts around a grand, most springs i've seen about $250 more or less koni's are around $600 or more,that's what i've found so far any info where i can find better deals is more than welcome let me know. admittedly i have not spent too much time looking into springs and struts because i felt it may not be right for my situation but cost wise it seems about the same as entry level coils. i have a 2011 sedan by the way

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
another factor to consider and add to the pot. i had an 09 si with eibach sportlines great springs, but winter before last the poor front bumper. then at inspection it was a good thing i knew the guy or i would have a S instead of a date to renew

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts