ClubWRX Forum banner

281 - 285 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
Its been a little while since there was an update

Six Star Motorsports in Chicago did a great job sorting the car out after some wiring nightmares and loose grounds. Basically the AEM gauge was dead on arrival which is honestly pathetic for a $450 kit. This will be the last time anything from AEM comes near my car.

Car made 312whp/320wtq , The original VF42 is getting pretty tired and I think that is where the smoke at track days is coming from not so much the PCV system. So that is leading to a turbo upgrade of sorts and I am looking at a Tomioka Twin Entry 2971 as it uses a Garret center section. I would love a smaller EFR but that is roughly double the cost once you factor in fabrication of a custom uppipe and downpipe. Also who knows what fitment issues I might run into with it.

So next up is likely Turbo and TMIC , I probably will only do one track day this year at most or maybe none at all. I enjoyed the last weekend of driving the car around town and just want to enjoy it. I have to continue the refinement of the chassis and get a quieter exhaust as this one drones a little bit much on the highway.

E85 is amazing by the way , I manage around 16mpg driving around town and 19-20mpg on the highway. I have about five stations within a 5 mile drive of me and one is always frequented by E85 running GTRs , Supras and Evos.

Plan is to get these Prodrive headlights installed and take the livery off the car next month while driving it around for work whenever I can. Maybe pull the trigger on the turbo upgrade in August.

The Legacy got new rear brakes this weekend as well , They were pretty worn out and near the end of their lives. Ordered a Power stop kit from Rock Auto and for $450 it had everything now I just have to send back the calipers for the core refund.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
So I decided to pull the livery cause it was peeling and it led to a 12-15 hour detailing adventure.

I used all Chemical Guys products and it turned out pretty great

Cleaned with their Citrus Cleaner
Clay Bar kit
Concours Wax kit

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
Just collecting some parts now

Replacement VF42 arrived
Fluid is all ordered

Turbo swap , brake fluid flush and some logging then we should be ready for some track time here in September.

Also headed over to Oakos for their summer meetup

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
Brakes flushed
Oil changed
Fluids checked

Now just need an alignment and to reflash on some calibration changes in the next two days.

Four events in four weeks

September 14th - 15th Gingerman track day weekend
September 21st Speed Ring Sprints
September 28th Subaru Speed Expo at Autobahn Country Club outside Chicago
October 5th-6th Gridlife Round 5 at Gingerman raceway

281 - 285 of 285 Posts