Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone installed a gfb blowoff valve on a stock wrx? any known problems with this bov such as the surging or running rich when its run on 50/50? just wondering, i just replaced my aem cai back to the stock airbox. i already have the bov, just not installed yet. just wanna see if there would be no probs with it, i do want the sound also.

·
Registered
763 Posts
so far from all the reading the best bov is factory. but if you must go w/ aftermarket bov , it seem 50/50 is the safest way to go.also the 100% will also work. youll get arguments on all three. after you shift it will run rich for a split second and youll get your pssshhhhhh

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have it on my WRX running at 50/50. I do have a somewhat cold air intake. It's one of those velocity stack that plugs into the factory airbox from the fender well. I'd think that's pretty stock. Anyway, I have no problem running to GFB BOV on my car. But it seems like the experiences with aftermarket bovs differ from car to car.

·
Registered
103 Posts
There's only one BOV on the market I would put on a stock or near stock vehicle - the Cobb/APS BOV. This thing is an engineering work of art, it measures the amount of air to be recirculated vs. the amount to be dumped into the atmoshpere perfectly every time the throttle plate is shut. 50/50? Sounds to me like a nice round number someone pulled out of their butt to try and meet the 'sound without too much stumble' crowd. Get the Cobb/APS, it is simply the only engineered combo recirc/atmoshpere out there, and the only one I would put on my car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts