ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A tuner , clark a.k.a azscoobie is coming down to houston to tune some cars and im apart of the list.

as you all know i am an auto.....i was thinking before i get tuned i should change my oil, i dunno i just want to do it....

now i want to get tuned at 19psi since i have the perrin fmic i know it can handle it, but can i car handle it? any thing i should do before i get tuned? help would be greatly appreciated.

another question: can i put my perrin fmic in with my cobb reflash? cause i was told by big turkey on the fourms that its ok, it wont hurt the car but it wont help performance.... i jsut want to get it on with my tranny cooler so we can fit it all nice an tity

Thank you my fellow stang hoss scoobiers :p

EDIT: MODS:
+cobb, for now
+565cc Sti Injectors
+Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
+IHI SPEC C VF30
+Intake Silencer Removed
+helix upipe
+invidia downpipe
+blitz full racing catback exhaust
+Turboxs short ram
+NGK Platnium one step colder
+Perrin Lightened Crank Pulley
+PERRIN FMIC
+tranny cooler

·
Registered
818 Posts
if youre upping your boost that much make sure you're fuel system is ready to handle it too. pump, injectors and fuel rail are highly recomended for that high boost. plus, im not sure if the stock turbo (if you have a stock turbo) can handle that high boost and last too long. plus, im not too sure, someone else will probably have to confirm with me but i think if youre going to push that much boost some internal engine work will be needed so you dont blow everything up. the JDM wrx engines get much stronger internals than ours do.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
19 PSI on a VF30 w/ a good tune should be just fine on the stock block for a good period of time.. adventually all things fail but the key thing is a tune on a good one you should not be prone to real premature failure.

and SweetTurboWhine..... fuel rails? Um how about no.. those are not a requirement at any reasonable level.. in fact I don't know if they ever would be on a stock internals WRX

·
Registered
475 Posts
Too comment on the above discussion I do not believe that fuel rails are a necessity for the listed modifications, however, to say that they are totally out of the real of reason is also unfair. I would say it has been fairly well estabilshed at this point that for those that are willing to go through the trouble to install the fuel rails they are a very useful item which tends to offer some noticable gains, in power and tunablity. I would imagine that the cars responsiveness is also improved.

para

·
Registered
818 Posts
MustGoFast said:
19 PSI on a VF30 w/ a good tune should be just fine on the stock block for a good period of time.. adventually all things fail but the key thing is a tune on a good one you should not be prone to real premature failure.

and SweetTurboWhine..... fuel rails? Um how about no.. those are not a requirement at any reasonable level.. in fact I don't know if they ever would be on a stock internals WRX
i never said i was an expert :D cut me some slack, i did as someone to back up my arguments

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya fuel rails help with fuel delivry, but you dont need them so i mean screw'em :p...now can we suggest some thingds to me?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts