ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my revlimiter kicks in at 7 and a quarter . if i get rid of it , would i have any advantage if i shifted at 8k?

·
Registered
675 Posts
doubt it.... power really levels out after about 6k.......
plus..... shifting that high could be dangerous to your engine........

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
What do you think could benefit from shifting at 8k? Just curious....

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
no

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
I sense honda envy :baaa:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yea theres no benefit to reving these cars that high unless they are built for it. That would be very hard on the motor.
Your stock valvetrain wouldnt be up to the task. Also why would you want to rev higher?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well only thing i was thinking was longer gears... less shifting... and damnit i like hondas! but really i was just wondering cause my friends 96' cobra ( yes i know im f4 and hes a v8!) but besides that his ****s redlines is at 5 1/2 but he keeps its goin all the way to 7 1/2 and thats just crazy.. and his still pulls even up that high... but i was just curious didnt mean to make myself look like a ****tard

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Unlimited revs=unlimited power. I say go for it!

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
cut out a hole under the pedal, that way you can push it down harder and go faster :thumbup:

·
Registered
131 Posts
well only thing i was thinking was longer gears... less shifting... and damnit i like hondas! but really i was just wondering cause my friends 96' cobra ( yes i know im f4 and hes a v8!) but besides that his ****s redlines is at 5 1/2 but he keeps its goin all the way to 7 1/2 and thats just crazy.. and his still pulls even up that high... but i was just curious didnt mean to make myself look like a ****tard
If your friends cobra is on the stock engine then he is a idiot!! Pushrod engines do not do well with high revs.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Unlimited revs=unlimited power. I say go for it!
+1, this will allow you to shift less often so your car will be faster.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts