ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well After working my ass off all summer I saved up cash to get a wrx. Since I can goto dealer auctions im looking to get a used 2002 wrx. Im 18 and was wondering how much you guys pay for insurance? I know since im young its gonna be killer. I have had my liscence for about a year no accidents or tickets ( I dont drive stupid :) )

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
$38 a month for the WRX insurance.
But I'm 37 years old, no tickets, no accidents on my recent record. :)

<zips up flame suit>

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn $38 bucks :) I have to find out if it would be cheaper to get insured by myself or go under my mom and put me as a temp driver of the car. I cant exactly afford 300 bucks a month for insurance since im going to college and books are expensive as hell.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
superic said:
2005 STi @ 22 years old (well, 23, today is my birthday) with no tickets or accidents that were my fault = $2600 in PA
Happy Birthday!:)
Gee, when I turned 23, (December 14, 1989), I was still in college, eating Oodles of Noodles every day, and driving a bashed in 1975 Toyota Celica with 200K+ miles on it. You're a lucky fella...:wiggles:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man insurance is gonna be high I dont know if I can afford it :mad: maby I should just get a new focus

Btw happy birthday

·
Registered
0 Posts
Yep this is definitely not a car that is low on the insurance end.

I traded in my 95 V8 tbird (not exactly a performance vehicle but it would hold its own)...I was paying $500 /year and Im 22 years old with a clean record.

Added my 04 WRX and it went to $999/year. On top of the car payment and student loans, etc. I feel like I AM back in college again eating those oodles of noodles (not quite but you get the point).

Ray whats your insurance company? Thats unbelievable even though you are an old man :D Im using Travelers with the ASME discount.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ark, it REALLY depends on what state you live in. In Utah, when i was 16, i paid $126 a month in an Audi A4. The WRX is like 100 a month here in Utah. When I go back to Jersey in the Summer, it is like twice that much, but thank goodness i dont bring my car.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Get a wrx wagon! Much better rates! I have had both, and wished I stuck with my wagon. Too many 18yr old kids are wrecking wrxs left and right! I do like that for getting their carnage from the bone yard. Helps me save money for drag racing.

·
Banned
96 Posts
I pay 1800 a year with and 2 speeding tickets within the last 2 years (9 miles over) I'm 29 years old and also married

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I live in a semi rural part of PA. I pay almost 200 a month for my Focus zx3 now, so I think its gonna jump up alot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts