ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i think this is a pretty good way to kick off the new year! :cool: just got off the phone with the tuner and im really excited to see what kinda power i will be making. you guys always say to try use the parts the tuner is most comfortable with, so i ended up ordering an AMS BCS from him that will be installed same day, even though i already have a gm bcs. he said he uses that on 90% of the cars he tunes and is very comfortable with it. well i will post a full update with dyno plots when i get home on tues.

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
Your poor tranny:rotfl:. That is the only thing stopping me from installing a vf39 and joining you. :tongue:

But I'm gonna guess you'll get around 270-290whp and 350-370whtq. Shes gonna be a rocket ship.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your poor tranny:rotfl:. That is the only thing stopping me from installing a vf39 and joining you. :tongue:

i was worried about it holding up when i first installed my setup. right now i have about ~4k miles with it on the pdx e-tune and TBH it shifts just as well as it did with the stage 2 map. like everyone says its all how you drive it and i have never once launched or slammed the gears, despite all the pressure i get to do so. oh and i only got the 2.0 so i dont think ill be anything near 350wtq!!! lol

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
i was worried about it holding up when i first installed my setup. right now i have about ~4k miles with it on the pdx e-tune and TBH it shifts just as well as it did with the stage 2 map. like everyone says its all how you drive it and i have never once launched or slammed the gears, despite all the pressure i get to do so. oh and i only got the 2.0 so i dont think ill be anything near 350wtq!!! lol
Oh yeah I thought you had an 06.....yeah your torque numbers will be about 310whtq.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i had a nice adventure getting my tune. on the way i got hit with a Laser and fined for no front plate but i guess thats better than points on my licence, right. turns out the place didnt have a dyno i just assumed it did. he did the protune via a road tune for a couple hours. plus the BCS he ordered didnt come so he ordered it again and had it overnighted but it still wasn't their when i got their, which sucked big time. i have a gm bcs but he said that those have a plastic blocker valve and it would prolly break after a couple months. he seemed pretty against it so i just let him tune it as a bleeder valve, i figured he knew more than i did. car pulls good to redline and very smooth. ideally i wanted to be able to spool to 19psi and hold it to redline but thats not possible to do with a bleeder valve. so it just build progressively to it. he also said the PDX map was pretty crappy, in a nutshell. but overall it was a well spent $200. real cool guys though and they did nice work. i recommend them.

had it done a Mead engineering in plain city ohio.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
ah, cool. Bryon at Mead is on our local forum, and is a pretty good guy (I've never met him, but have talked over PM's). It is too bad he doesn't have a dyno, I know that would attract a lot more attention for him plus make it a lot safer to tune.

Glad to hear you like the tune, and have fun with it! Have you put your front plate back on yet?:tongue:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts