Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is the scoop guys. I transfered offices from Cleveland to Columbus Ohio. Everything is working great for me... but im starting to get a little shakey here. In less then 2 weeks, we are moving into a bigger office, and part of my company is staying in the old one. So now we will have 2 (two) Columbus offices. 75 or so people in the old and about 125 in the new one.

The point im getting at... They are leaving me in charge of the old office. Im being left in charge of 75people, all inventory, computers, servers, ATTORNEYS (Yikes!) and the one head attorney that is 1 of 3 owners of this big business.

Ive never had "control" of something this big before, and to be honest, im scared shltless. Im pretty sure i can handle it and all, but that is alot of responsibility. And for me only being 18.. its hard to even understand how i got this far hehe

All in all... im still staying in college, so i suppose this "Management" exp. will look VERY good on my resume wont it!

Any advice please...

-John

·
Registered
150 Posts
wow. Big responsibilities John!

What do you do BTW? I'm assuming something along IT work?

Sounds like a great resume builder too. Just work hard, don't be scared about asking questions and help from others, and don't promise something you can't deliver :)

good luck!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya desktop support / network admin

Now i guess just "manager" huh..?

Thanx for the help, i just need to get this off my chest, cause the first day is going to FREAK me out man!!

March 4th is the first day.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey at least they are giving you a raise (I'm assuming). You know what that means. MORE CANDY FOR THE WRX...

For real though, good luck. If they put you up to that position, I'm sure that you are more than able to handle the task.

I remember when I had to be in charge of the Baskin Robbins that I worked at. The manager handed me the keys to the store and almost immediately, the ice cream stock fell victim to my greedy friends.:p Ahh the joys of childhood responsibilities..

Best wishes,

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts