ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently in germany with the army and trying to get a wrx over here but they can't get them in US specs

I was wondering what is difference of euro specs and us specs?

The dealership said only thing need to be changed to match US specs is to change the front and rear lights, Windshield and Gauges. Is there also any performance difference as well?

Any help with this would be greatly appericated!

THanks

·
1,999 Posts
Warum willst du ein US-spec Impreza? Das ist voll blüt oder? Euro-Imprezas haben besser Bremse, Räder, Reifen, usw...

Klar, wir haben weniger PS als Nord Amerika aber das ist einfach zu ändern(aber du musst ein bisschen aufpassen, wegen TÜV). Hier in Deutschland sind die auch voll teuer.... €30.000

guck mal

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks arse .... i can't read german luckly my friend kinda can ... anyways fook good brakes and whatever else you said ... i just want to know if the drivetrain and engine is made differently

welp danke shun fur nix

·
1,999 Posts
Uh ok then.... who's the arse then?... I gave you an answer in the assumption that you understood german since you are stationed here in Germany... what the hell are Americans still doing here...they were all supposed to all leave in 1995.

If you check the German or any other Euro site, you will see that the Euro cars are better with brakes, wheels, tyres, etc....but have less power and are more expensive. The drivetrain is the same as is the engine(basically)

was für ein Arsche....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Actually euro spec cars have the same power. It's the exact same engine. They have 17" rims, and the 4 pot brakes. The seats are also different along with the stereo not being the same. Prices are higher, but you could buy one and not pay the german taxes on it as long as you don't register it there (get plates). Which means you shouldn't pay TOO much more. The euro-spec also have a rear fog light in the tail lights and the turn signals in front of the front doors.

·
Registered
331 Posts
this is a dumb newbie question, and I SEARCHED THE ARCHIVES and couldn't find an answer... what does 4 pot brakes? does that mean 4 piston calipers?

i am dumb... i know... oh yeah and what does FMCI mean?

·
Registered
677 Posts
FMIC? front mount intercooler.

The 4 pot brakes are a common upgrade here in the USA because they provide better brake torque distribution across the disc. They fade less than the stockers.

·
Registered
331 Posts
GTScoob said:
FMIC? front mount intercooler.

The 4 pot brakes are a common upgrade here in the USA because they provide better brake torque distribution across the disc. They fade less than the stockers.
Does "pot" stand for something? thats my question

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah good assumption that every American who is stationed in germany knows how to read german, ah bleh as they say assuming makes an ass out of you and me :p

All the dealerships here are asking for around 23-25k euro (after tax exemption) for wrx. Too much for me anyways. Thanks for the help everyone

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
(
For anyone who didn't quite understand about the power business....225PS does not mean 225hp....
I know, the claimed power isn't the same, but the 5 HP difference i very insignificant, i don't know where the difference comes from, but i have never seen or felt a difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts