Thinking Man's Engine
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep

When watching TV...NYC stations....GEICO is no longer taunting me

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
Thank you kind sir:D I didn't know they came to Jersey. I just did the online quote, and bought new insurance. I can't believe the money they just saved me. I sound like the commercial:wiggles:

·
Thinking Man's Engine
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My parents saved a buttload switching to GEICO from Allstate (where the agent used every nook and cranny she can to get us the cheapest rates)...

Being a gov't employee helps a lot in VA....at minimum GS11 according to my dad.

There is also military discounts (since GEICO does a lot of advertisements in Army Times)...

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
:rotfl:

Geico offered to cover me for $6000 :eek3:

FOR SIX MONTHS!!!!!!

I laughed for 20 seconds, and she asked what was funny. I told her to take care.

F*ck them.

BTW I pay under $3,000 for a full year

·
Thinking Man's Engine
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Timdog1650 said:
"CLUBWRX, I HAVE GOOD NEWS!!!!"
"What? Someone cares about this thread?"
"no...but Tan just saved a bunch of money by switching to Geico!" :D:D:D:D
Ask people what they hate about Jersey....one of the top reasons is insurance.

I ws reluctant to move to Jersey, only because of insurance

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
I have no idea why they don't cover MA. Looked on their site and I think they cover thirty-something states.

·
Thinking Man's Engine
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
gusto said:
does MA not get progressive and geico b/c of the gov regulation on insurance rates??
I'm not sure. Though geico is an acronym for Goverment Employyes Insurance COmpany

·
Registered
140 Posts
Bad rates or good ones, I will never go with GEICO and their gecko. They give money to law enforcement to supply them with Radar and Laser guns. The only thing they MAY be good for is helping drive down insurance rates.

If you doubt my claim, do a google search with "geico radar laser". Read the first few results. You may not like what you read.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you want a good deal on insurance check out esurance.com. I had Erie insurance which I thought was reasonable then I got my WRX and they wanted $1,100 a year. Keep in mind I'm 34, married and no tickets. I switched to esurance and my rate is $1,200 a year with my WRX and my wife's Honda Pilot.

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
photog72 said:
Bad rates or good ones, I will never go with GEICO and their gecko. They give money to law enforcement to supply them with Radar and Laser guns. The only thing they MAY be good for is helping drive down insurance rates.

If you doubt my claim, do a google search with "geico radar laser". Read the first few results. You may not like what you read.
Read a couple of those links. Interesting stuff. Especially how they raise rates each year.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Their rates really are horrible. From what I've seen, AAA and State Farm are always the two lowest companies. For me, my family, and friends, everyone is using one of these two. Check them out and see how Geico compares.

·
Thinking Man's Engine
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
State Farm in New Jersey will not open new accounts, even if you are an existing customer in other states.

IIRC, I don't think AAA offers car insurance in NJ

·
Registered
368 Posts
tan said:
State Farm in New Jersey will not open new accounts, even if you are an existing customer in other states.

IIRC, I don't think AAA offers car insurance in NJ

Wow, that sucks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts