ClubWRX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got a 2019 WRX (base). When driving i notice that (only) in 4th gear the shifter start to rattle and move; it has small amount of play when in 4th gear. This is really only when im @ 2-2500 rpm it does this, however as i go up in the powerban in 4th gear it lessens, to the point where the shifter kind of settles in and doesn't move as much and has no rattle. Also if i sort of just gently hold the shifter and steady it while in 4th, the noise (obviously i guess) or vibration dies down. I'm not 100% what this is. All other gears are nice and tight while in gear, and no noise. It shifts fine into every gear, even fourth. I've seen some stuff online where people say it could be the bushings. Other things say a bunch of different things. If anyone could give me some insight i would appreciate it. I'm no mechanic, but i have some fundamental knowledge about cars. I've never seen this before. Hope to hear back and thanks.

·
11,231 Posts
You only need one post per topic. Helps keep things clean. I'm locking this thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.