ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since the AP doesnt have a knock indicator like the utec and all the scares with knock i have been looking for a round cosmedically appealing knock gauge....

well i found it

well today is the day.....they finally are hitting the market....i talked to Neil at Link USA (very nice and helpfully guy) and he said his first shipment will be coming within the next week or so....

if i understand this right hopefully this is alittle info on the products

they will have the knocklink digital gauge that has the analog needle that indicates knock levels and addition to that, the face of the gauge lights up to different colors to also indicate levels of knock (pictured below)....52mm

they also have the knockbox coming out that is somewhat like the knocklink where it lights up leds and has a jack for headphones so you can listen in with great detail.....i believe there are multiple ports to hook up additional knock sensors to monitor each side of the motor....

i also believe you can link the knockbox and the digital knocklink gauge together

so if anyones interested we can get the cost down on these units...~$200 for the knockbox and ~$300 for the digital knocklink gauge and of coarse all the necessary wiring included

i have an AP and would think this would be a must have guage Especially with the new accesstuner coming out....
post here if interested so I can get an idea

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah that is nice to have at minimum but i guess there is a certain % of knock that goes undetected...and thats were the knockbox comes in handy as to where you can listen to the motor and really decipher what is going on during tuning and not have to look for an indicator while speeding through your local school zone (not recommended)

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
Um. I would assume the tuner is going to allow for logging, right? Similar to UTEC logging...? Won't it log the knock? That would be far more useful than remembering what boost level and rpm you were at when that thingy goes off. I will admit having a better knock sensor that stock isn't a bad idea, but... trust me, spotting the blinking CEL is easy to do. Every time I see it I think "I should do a compression test.... but I'm afraid....."

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
So....that gauge doesn't actually measure "knock count," right? I can't imagine that a 40-count is normal.

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
I'm a little confused on that too. Either there are two colliding flame waves or there are not. You can then measure the severity of the pressure spike, but..... If it's there at all in cars like ours, that's bad.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
as for the gauge i dont think it counts but rather measures severity of noise coming from the motor in %.... kinda like how the old knocklink square box lit up LEDs as the noise increased....i dont have all the info yet but the knockbox may count

1 - 9 of 9 Posts