ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i have bought the smy cluster for the 2 gauges.... and right now have seen a lot of mixed reviews on the gauges ...and u cant always trust the reviews on the website of someone selling there product lol.. but i really need some reviews on some gauges ... was thinking of a boost gauge ..maybe a boost controller and prob oil temp those 2 seem to be the 2 u need ...i was looking at the prosport or maybe defi .. love some reviews on them all please .. my car right now is running the cobb stage 2 .. with a invidia tbe and a cobb intake/air box .... any help would be great

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Well, prosport vs. Defi is comparing two opposite sides of the price spectrum. I had the Defi Racer Series gauges, and they worked great (I sold them, but just because I wanted another mod path). Never had a single problem with them, but they aren't cheap.

The Prosports are much cheaper and you get what you pay for. MainFrame on here has them and has had to replace then several times due to manufacturer defects.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
No need for a boost controller. Your car controls boost for you already. Just a Boost gauge, Oil Pressure, EGT would suffice.

As for Brands...many out there that are good, and others that aren't so good. Some people hate Prosports, some love em. I liked mine when I had them. But their long term reliability is at question. Defis are good, but you pay for them.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
I have the Prosport Premium White needle boost & oil pressure gauge in my smy cluster.

I did read the negative reviews about them.But they are the closest you can get to stock look & match the stock cluster.I haven't had any problems with them so far :x:

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
I have the Prosport Premium White needle boost & oil pressure gauge in my smy cluster.

I did read the negative reviews about them.But they are the closest you can get to stock look & match the stock cluster.I haven't had any problems with them so far :x:
Maddad gauges were designed to match 08+ gauge colors and sweep styles. You'll pay about the same as the Defi Racer Series, but the Maddad's have some extra customizable features. I'm not aware of anyone on here that has them, though.

Subaru WRX STi Factory Matched Boost Gauge with White Needle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts