ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me say that I am completely new to wiring/electronics in cars. I have an 06 STi and I'm trying to find the proper way to wire up my gauges (pillar gauges). Where is the best place to attach the 12V battery(+) & (-)??? I successfully installed a Blitz TT with an HKS wireharness (a few months ago) and used the red wire from the harness for the ignition 12V that one of the gauges needed but I dont know what to use for the battery + & -. What is the safest place to tap into? is either of the other wires on the HKS TT wire harness 12V + or -. Thanks for any help.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
I imagine if you tap into the wires the TT is hooked up to...the gauge would stay on as long as the turbo timer is on:rotfl:

But it would work...

You have a lot of options actually. A very common tap is the power/ground to the clock in the clock pod, especially since its easy to pop out and get to.

I actually used the accessory outlet because it has clear and discernible positive and negative wires and turns on and off with the car= perfect. Its also very easy to get to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts