ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way I can transplant odometers? I need to keep the one that goes with my car. I don't wan't to mess with the legal issues if I ever resell. Any advice? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
qoncept said:
Take it to a dealer and they should be able to reset the odometer to match your old one.
Up here in Boulder, the dealerships told me they could do nothing to reset the odometers, even though I believe they can with their computers. As long as you have a dealership install the gauges, the mileage change will be jotted down in their records and a little piece of paper will be glued to the inside of your drivers side door stating that change.

Supposedly there are places which can do a mileage swap on digital odometers, but I have yet to find one that'll do it for less than $500. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hey guys, just thought I would share this with everyone. You can get your odometer set to match your old one. There's a place in Tacoma, WA called Tacoma Speedometer & Instrument. I talked to them yesterday. Give them a call and ask for Dennis. He is awesome. He's very helpful. They can do it for $65. All you need is a statement of fact from the MVA stating what your actual mileage is on the car. Ask Dennis, he can explain it. They can do it in one day so you'll have minimal down time. Hope that helps.

Here's the website: http://www.tacomaspeedometer.com/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts