ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when doing my sti injector install, the drivers side rear injector sprayed about a shotglass full of gas into my crankcase(because I took the pcv nipple off to get the GBOD off) as I pulled it from the fuel rails (the other 3 only dribbled so I had no expectation of it doing that).

After starting it to get the gas mixed up with the oil. I then did an oil change without changing the filter, since this was 2 am. After driving for a week and a half I checked the oil and it smelled slightly of gas. Could it still be from when i spilled the gas or can it be from something else like improperly seated injectors?
This is what someone else told me but I dont see how it would get into the oil from just being seated inproperly.

There are no leaks anywhere around the injectors....

Thanks
Brandon

·
Thinking Man's Engine
3,013 Posts
You always get a little blowby, which dilutes the oil a bit, giving it a slight gasoline smell

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm.....is it possible that there is a fouled plug and the unburnt gas is getting in the oil? What are some symtoms of a fouled plug.....sometimes it idles a little roughly when i start it cold and then after driving its fine.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't think a small amount of gas hurts the lubricating properties of your oil. Now if your dipstick level climbs above full, well maybe that would be too much. I know that some of the WWII airplane engines deliberately diluted the oil with gas when they shut them down so they would be easier to start the next day. I think the gas evaporates when the oil heats up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts