ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i need some input, i just change the engine oil with pennzoil 5w-30 and i just realized after 200 miles of driving i checked the oil from the dipstick and the oil smells like mixed with a gasoline any input with that?. and also i was driving the other day and i just realized that i felt nauseated, having a headache and i felt like my lungs are burning, but i don't smell anything inside my car. this was an issue for me the first time i used a catless dp so i replaces it with a catted one. after that i saw the only possible way the exhaust fumes will come inside the car is from the 4 holes in the decklid located on its lip so i plug the hole and it worked. (that was last spring). help please tnks

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Sorry but I'm confused after your description. What 4 holes are you talking about?

Did you replace all of the exhaust gaskets when you put on the new DP and CBE? Did you re-torque everything after 100 miles of driving?

There's really no easy way for gas to get into your oil. If you massively flooded your engine and then let it sit for a while, some gas could get through the gaps in the rings and into spaces where only oil should go. But that's one heck of a stretch and only a tiny bit of gas could get in there.

My first guess honestly is that you're smelling oil and not gas and just aren't differentiating them correctly.

·
Registered
750 Posts
One sure way to find out whether you have fuel in your oil is by getting an oil sample and sending it for analysis. It will cost you a little money, but my UOA's help me sleep better at night. It's also a good way to detect problems before they get much worse.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Sounds like the 4 holes in the decklid are from removing the spoiler.

As for gas in the oil you are either just smelling oil or the blowby from combustion. Nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tnks a lot for the quick reply guys. teflon i retighten all the bolts and i used new gaskets. the four holes i was talking about was located on the bottom part behind the lip of the decklid above the bumper. how about if your head gasket are worn out is there a possibility that the gasoline will mix on my engine oil? coz on my previous post i saw a leak of oil above the timing belt cover, yeah btw teflon i did clean that spot i will post the picture too tnx again guys.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts