ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant go far at all on a single tank of gas.... anyone got the same problem? lol i have a 2011 WRX STi sedan, went to drive to my beach house last night (bout an hour and a half ride) i gas up in my town before leaving, when i got to my beach house only had a half a tank. i've read the tank is tiny to reduce weight, but im not too informed

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Do you not know how to determine MPG's? Also there are alot of varibales you have to take into account..........

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Do you not know how to determine MPG's? Also there are alot of variables you have to take into account..........

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Gas tank on the 2011 WRX (Sedan and 5-door) is 16.9 gallons...that's bigger than my 15.9 gallon tank.

I know your drive...Where in North Jersey are you and where is your shore house?

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
It's all in how you drive man. I can hit 30mpg mpg the highway if I do 60, but if I do 70 it goes down to 23-24ish. If you stay out of boost and shift at a lower rpm, you'll get better mpgs.

On a long drive like I know you did, I'd just cruise at 60 and call it a day lol. I drove from here all the way down to North Carolina and only had to fill up once.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I can get 26mpg going 65, using BP gas. I have also found that BP gas tends to be one or two miles to the gallon more than Shell that I use almost religiously or I did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts