Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been running cobbs stage 1 91 octane tune for just over a month now and am annoyed with the 1.41 and 2.82 knock readings. I’m waiting for all my parts then I will get a custom tune once the car is ready. Hoping everything will be good to go in the next 2 months, no later then New Years and I will be getting a protune. For the meantime I don’t feel like it’s worth the money for a custom tune when I have no power mods yet. I run shell 91 octane with the Cobb stage 1 tune and get knock -1.41 and rarely anything else, I hate driving my car hard cause the rare time it’ll read -1.41 when I’m going wot which scares me... and when I have my cars air heating on I get lots of -1.41 when driving normal in traffic. Dam has never dropped once.

Should I continue running shell 91 octane and the 91 octane tune? (When I get a custom tune I will have it tuned for shell 91) or should I run husky 94 10%ethanol on cobbs 93 or 91 octane tune to get rid of this small knock for the meantime. I won’t run 94 for more then 2 months, just til I get a custom tune where I don’t gotta deal with the ots map and this knock

·
Æternum
16,152 Posts
Is this learned knock or feedback knock? At what rev and load cells is the knock occuring?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ussualy just feedback knock at -1.41. It got better but then the other day I was on the highway and in 5th and 6th gear I was getting fine knock learn and feedback knock (low values) and the cars dam dropped also to like .670. I wasn’t hitting more then like 3 psi of boost in those gears so not accelerations. But that was the first time in awhile the car has been outside the city. My dam is still the same and now I’m wondering how long it’ll take for it to go up. Today I’m gonna get some new 94 gas in there so hopefully that helps but since my dam dropped I haven’t got any feedback knock but my fine knock learn is either at -.70 or +.35. Shohld i be concerned? Do I let the car adjust on its own or just reset the ecu when I get fresh gas later today

1 - 5 of 5 Posts