ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 wrx silencer delete.. thats it, anyways, sometimes when im driving I can smell a strong fuel smell, It comes on randomly, so I have no idea what is causing it, anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
You're not catless are you? If not, it isn't normal (or at least I never experienced it or heard of anyone else experiencing it).

·
Registered
863 Posts
Could the cold-weather fuel leak get worse with age?

Check this thread:
Fuel Smell

Subaru covered the "repair" on my '02.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think I am catless but then agian I bought the car used and the guy said it was bone stock but when I went to take the intake silencer out it was already removed and I noticed there are wrench marks on some bolts inside the engine bay, so I know this guy tinkerd with things.
Is there any way to tell if your catless with out accualy taking the pipe off and looking?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Well . . . unless he gutted all the cats, there is. If the exhaust doesn't have a bunch of heats shields on it, it isn't stock, and if you don't see the tell-tale bulge where a cat would be, chances are you are catless. If he gutted the cats, then I don't think there is really a way to tell without taking the exhaust off and inspecting it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts