Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a 2016 WRX STI, I recently found a gas station that carries sunoco 110 and 114. However, there is a sticker on it that says "non oxygenated fuel". Not wanting to risk a very costly mistake I didn't get any. My car is completely stock; still paying it off.
Can I run this or should I stay away from it?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Just don't do it. You don't need race fuel.. Especially if your asking.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
38,620 Posts
The conventional wisdom that I've always heard maintains that the higher octane is of no use to you, if your car has not been tuned for it. Save your money.
I'll defer if someone knows better than I do.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Theres no point in running higher than recommended in stock form. You'll be spending more money for nothing, now if you get tuned for said higher octane then that is a different story. Stick to the 91-93 for now, best of luck.

·
Super Moderator
11,722 Posts
So, I have a 2016 WRX STI, I recently found a gas station that carries sunoco 110 and 114. However, there is a sticker on it that says "non oxygenated fuel". Not wanting to risk a very costly mistake I didn't get any. My car is completely stock; still paying it off.
Can I run this or should I stay away from it?
I was under the impression the sunoco 110 and 114 were leaded.

·
Super Moderator
11,722 Posts
Ruh roh. That will plug a catalyst real quick.
I could be wrong, but I do know several of the sunoco race fuels have lead

Edit

I am not wrong. Their 110 and 114 options are both leaded. Do not run either. If you are building a strip or track only car they sell 100 octane fuel plus some e85 options.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The 3 you are most likely to encounter at the pump are

sunoco 100 octane GT260 is unleaded

some may also have

Sunoco 98 octane GTX is unleaded
Sunoco 104 octane GT260 Plus is Unleaded

anything higher octane will likely be leaded and as others have said will ruin your cats
If you arent tuned for it, its a waste of $$

1 - 10 of 10 Posts