Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 SSM WRX Hatch
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been hunting this problem down since I got the car. Code P0442 Evap (small leak) keeps randomly popping up every so often.
Ive checked pretty much every hose under the hood, filler neck looks great, hoses to the PCSV all look good, no problems starting or pumping gas to full, cant really smell gas anywhere at all and no leaks under the car.
I just got the APv3 and have been working with that some too (mostly only able to read and clear the code to burn down the Christmas tree on my dash over 1 code (cel, VDC and cruise blinks joining that cursed tire ps thats a permanent resident).

I did recently notice I have exesive amounts of gas fumes coming from under the hood when I sit in the car through the windshield closest to it from about half way in the bay to right around the trubo (the wiggly lines that make you feel drunk)..but everything looks fine and ive been at this for a year.
I need to get this fixed once and for all. Please help.

I looked for a diagram of the evap system so I could thoroughly check each hose individually but couldn't find anything clear.

Is it possible that its my pressure control solenoid valve? down by the neck I believe? But that can't explain the fumes..

Thank you.

'08 US MT wrx hatch

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
20,095 Posts
cant really smell gas anywhere
I did recently notice I have exesive amounts of gas fumes coming from under the hood when I sit in the car through the windshield closest to it from about half way in the bay to right around the trubo (the wiggly lines that make you feel drunk)..but everything looks fine and ive been at this for a year.
These two statements seem antithetical.

From your description it does not seem unlikely that you are facing more than one failure.

Have you checked for a harness clip near the fill neck? On the older cars, one did exist and it did tend to fail due to corrosion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.