ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of the stuff doesn't work because if it was working it'd be an Audi. Heh.

Still the best car in the category and I'd take a δ over a Cossie any day.

Subawho?

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
I love them. I saw this the other day that car is super nice. As far as I'm aware Lancia is dead and we will never see them produce another vehicle if it's kind.

·
29,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lancia hold more titles than any other marque despite not even fielding a works team in the past 28 years. They’re still unbeaten. This is also despite having to essentially split a budget with other Fiat subs.

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
I've got a project underway right now. I can't afford a real lancia delta, so I'm going to have one my way.

I'd like to see the reinvigoration of some of those brands by bringing them to the us. Lancia, Renault, Citroen and others. They are popular in their parts of the world but it would would open up some great opportunities for performance variants considering Americans enjoy power and plenty of it.

·
29,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've concluded they're just built for different parts of the world. In the US there are long straights and the distances are absolutely enormous. I commute over 100 km per day.

In Europe this is rarely feasible -- certainly not in the south -- and it would rarely make financial sense.

Other realities are different too. So the smarter, smaller European cars rarely translate well for US use patterns. It's a shame because I neither really want to commute 100 km + per day, nor do I particularly think the cars I have to use to do so are particularly well aligned with mainstream 21st century thought. They're dinosaurs.

I was watching Citroens on an online used car site in the US and the money is not a show stopper, but what is a show stopper is that a 600cc air cooled engine won't be suited to sustained 120+kph motorway speeds. So I couldn't daily the car.

Then there's parts availability, unfamiliarity of most mechanics with the platforms in case I don't want to DIY a repair, and so on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts