ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Highway race at night - my girlfriend and I were driving on route 84 towards her house in Newtown CT from mine in NY and this lunatic with a silver G35 sedan starts flashing his brights at me and so I moved over a lane and he sayed right next to me with a stupid smirk on his face jumping on his gas pedal to mess with me. So I told my gf not to piss herself cause she hates to go fast (75 makes her nuts) and I gave him what I had up to about 95-100ish....he put up a good fight but his car was definitely an auto and I just out drove his punkass - not sure if the G35 sedan is actually faster or slower than my stock rex.....then he gave me the finger! stupid ass was just mad that I paid less for my car and it won. O well.....he stayed behind me after that and didnt flash his brights anymore...

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
streko said:
i thought a g35 was faster from a roll

nice kill on the typical rich boy

A G35 Coupe is definately faster than a stock WRX from a roll. They can trap 100mph in the 1/4 mile.

But I'm not that familar with the Automatic G35's. They may be much slower.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
SGOSWRX said:
A G35 Coupe is definately faster than a stock WRX from a roll. They can trap 100mph in the 1/4 mile.

But I'm not that familar with the Automatic G35's. They may be much slower.
From a roll on the highway, you hit the gas in an auto and it downshifts. In a standard, you downshift. not a significant time savings.

I think if the G35 owner had a pair, he would have smoked you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think you would have beaten the G35 if it was an automatic.

Here are 1/4 mile times for the 5 speed auto G35 sedan.

Road & Track 14.70
Car & Driver 14.90
MotorTrend 14.68
Consumer Reports 15.40

These times didn't have trap speeds.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Turbo Maniac said:
I think you would have beaten the G35 if it was an automatic.

Here are 1/4 mile times for the 5 speed auto G35 sedan.

Road & Track 14.70
Car & Driver 14.90
MotorTrend 14.68
Consumer Reports 15.40

These times didn't have trap speeds.
Not overly relevant starting at highway speed. From dead stop, yeah, we get the jump. From there...

·
Registered
766 Posts
Some of you guys didn't read the thread.

He didn't race an auto G35 COUPE, he raced an auto G35 SEDAN.

Those have 260hp I believe, a good 20 less whp than the Coupe. This makes perfect sense to me.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
smokey said:
Some of you guys didn't read the thread.

He didn't race an auto G35 COUPE, he raced an auto G35 SEDAN.
I read it and I drive a wrx every day and I can tell you, with my unmodded car, I won't start smack with any G35 sedan or coupe at highway speed.

·
Registered
285 Posts
well i have also raced a g35 sedan from a roll and a stop and my rex always won even when i was stock. I know this for sure because my dad has a g35 and we switched cars just to see if it was the driver or the car. same result with different drivers

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
FASICZKA said:
well i have also raced a g35 sedan from a roll and a stop and my rex always won even when i was stock. I know this for sure because my dad has a g35 and we switched cars just to see if it was the driver or the car. same result with different drivers
I agree. I ran one with my 2001 v-6 Accord and it hardly pulled on me from a 40 mph roll to 100 and I only have a CAI on it. I think the car maybe heavy. Yes, I wish I had my WRX at the time. :(

·
Registered
167 Posts
FASICZKA said:
Enough said. I'll listen to the person who has run both cars.

·
Registered
889 Posts
In my opinion, i think an Auto G35 Sedan should barely edge out a 5spd wrx on the highway. An auto wrx vs auto G35 sedan shouldn't be much of a race. The G35 sedan will pull on it as the gearing on the 4eat wrx is crappy. Now an G35 coupe will eat up a stock wrx on the highway regardless of what transmission it has, as it does have more HP than the sedan

·
Registered
285 Posts
FASICZKA said:
my mistake I completely forgot that I had the TXS uppipe so i wasnt stock it was my first mod just slipped my mind Sorrrry:(

·
Registered
878 Posts
good kill on the street its a whole next thing when it comes to numbers... so what it does about 4-6 miles trap speed faster in the 1/4 mile, on the street thats nuthing.... the other guy didn't know how to drive and was trying to mess with the wrong person so he got his ass handed to him LOL. For example i was able to stay infront of a what appeared an E46 M3 on a highway, now i think that most likely he only had the m3 bagde on his car but notheless it was a brand new BMW and he couldnt pull on me...soooo i believe it once again good kill i hate rich prics in their bling bling cars :):D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts