ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just borrowed a G-Tech Pro to try it, but it seems the unit cannot calibrate or read the RPM. Has anyone run into this situation or have any solutions? I speciafically ask about the STi since it seems some members are using them on their WRXs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
shouldent matter what kinda car its in. make sure have it as close to the center of the car as posible.

dont put it to the left of your wheel. mount it on the window directly above the dash under the rearview mirror. it works off the vibration and pivot of a crystal so it needs to be as balanced as posible

for best results find the COG in your car and tape the g-tech to a stick and mount it to the floor. if you do this it will most likly be around the arm rest on your center console and perhaps level with your shoulders?

somehwre abouts there.

or you can read the instructions :wiggles:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tips....it actually works the accelerometers without a hitch, it gave me an extremely close 1/4mile to what i did before....it just wont read the RPM.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Try turning on the headlights, and rear defrost. It uses the alternator ripple to get the rpm. Also you do need to calibrate it to each car you install it in.

Go to the G-tech website and look at the online instruction manual it will tell you how to calibrate it.

Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts