ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
#$%@^&#

It is in the 40's today, so I decided to install my brace. I watch the video on install, then get al the tools and go for it. The forget to mention that there is a brake line blocking the three aft holes so that you can't get a wrench on the bolts, and the fact that you have to have hands like an Asian woman to even get in there!

SOAB!

anyone got any install tips?

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
No tips, but I've heard that thing is a nightmare to install. Good luck buddy.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, I already gave up for today. Would rather go for a drive on my day off than spend it bent over in the bay fighting it.

Thinking it might be a bit easier if I wait till I go to install my P/W TMIC this spring.... should have more room for my hands and tools with the inter cooler off.

Still have no idea how to deal with the brake lines though.....they are almost covering the holes, and I don't want to bend them.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
well, I already gave up for today. Would rather go for a drive on my day off than spend it bent over in the bay fighting it.

Thinking it might be a bit easier if I wait till I go to install my P/W TMIC this spring.... should have more room for my hands and tools with the inter cooler off.

Still have no idea how to deal with the brake lines though.....they are almost covering the holes, and I don't want to bend them.
I don't know why so many people have issues with this...mine was so simple. It took me like 15 minutes.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
I don't know why so many people have issues with this...mine was so simple. It took me like 15 minutes.
Cause you have hands like an Asian woman...

·
8,921 Posts
Cause you have hands like an Asian woman...
That and I had 90% of everything in the way ripped out while I was doing my IC piping. If you don't remove the TMIC it's gonna be a pain. Taking out the air pump makes it even eaiser.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That and I had 90% of everything in the way ripped out while I was doing my IC piping. If you don't remove the TMIC it's gonna be a pain. Taking out the air pump makes it even eaiser.
See...you answered your own question.... most don't remove the IC to install the brace....hope that it is easier when I have my IC out this spring

·
8,921 Posts
See...you answered your own question.... most don't remove the IC to install the brace....hope that it is easier when I have my IC out this spring
That's why it's so complicated. Move everything that's in the way and it's going to be a lot easier :)

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
I always found removing the TMIC was easy as hell. It's putting it back in that will be the biatch.

·
8,921 Posts
I always found removing the TMIC was easy as hell. It's putting it back in that will be the biatch.
If this were reddit you'd have 100000000000000000000000000000000 upvotes.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh yeah! I removed my IC when I was installing my DP and heat shield to give me more room....the IC to throttlebody hose was a biatch!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts