Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so the fuse for my auto-dimming mirror and side mirrors blew. So I put in the same watt fuse, and it popped again, so I just went to the bigger fuse, and it popped again. So, obviously I need to trace the wires back and find out the problem. But I was just wondering if anyone has ever done this themselves, and how hard it is. Or if I should just take it to Subaru and have them fix it, but how much does that cost?

Anyways, any input would be great, and I appreciate the help!!

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Sounds like you have a short somewhere. Have you added any electrical components - lights, stereo, etc? Start there if you have.

Otherwise it's gonna be tough. Along w/ all the electronic gadgets in these cars comes a great deal of complexity.

How much a pro would charge you depends on how long it takes to find the problem.

Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I haven't added anything electrical to my car yet. It just popped by itself.

Do you have any idea how long it would take to find the problem?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I found this thread in a search, and am having the exact same problem with my 2002 wagon. I was wondering if anyone knows where the short in this line could be. My first thought was in the cigarette lighter itself, but it is clean.

edit: I found the problem. The center visor had smashed the power wire to the compass mirror to the frame, shorting it to ground.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts