ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It makes a whining sound when I accelerate (2008 wrx). I had it checked out when I got new tires at a Ford dealership (best deal around for tires) and when they test drove it they said it's def the tranny. They suggested I do the power flush, which I never got around to doing. The car has 62,000 miles on it.

Will the flush help or is the tranny just shot? If I don't hammer the gas, it drives fine. Still fast, but it feels a little slower. If I punch it, to quote Aerosmith, it feels like my get up and go got up and went. I really can't afford the transmission being fixed so I'm kinda hoping a flush will fix it? If not, I might wind up trading the car on something else.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Who knows if its gunna fix it, we won't know unless you do it-its overdue anyway...maintain your car better and do things when they are due...

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Yes, I planned on that, but you didn't answer my questions.
If you want a better answer than that your going to need to pull the tranny, crack the case, and post some extremely detailed pictures so we can see whats going on inside. I doubt you want that so the only advice that can be given is to do the maintenance your overdue for and report back.

Also, I've got to be honest. You have posted more threads about issues your having than anyone else on Earth. At some point I have to believe its at least partially your fault. You have got to keep up with your maintenance. You have had issue after issue and ever time someone tells you what you need to do you either ignore it or basically say its not the answer you were looking for. I understand maintenance can be a pain, if its a money issue maybe consider a cheaper car. If its a laziness issue, consider a car that isn't quite as picky. Bottom line, do your maintenance or plan on more and more fixes that will cost WAY more than the maintenance

·
Banned
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who knows if its gunna fix it, we won't know unless you do it-its overdue anyway...maintain your car better and do things when they are due...
I didn't have the money, what exactly was I supposed to do? Jobs are kinda scarce in my state. I haven't worked more than 30 hours a week in over a year. There's bills like rent that have to come first. PLUS, Subaru wanted something like $1500 for that scheduled maintenance. That's a lot of money to lay out and they don't do payment plans.

·
Banned
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you want a better answer than that your going to need to pull the tranny, crack the case, and post some extremely detailed pictures so we can see whats going on inside. I doubt you want that so the only advice that can be given is to do the maintenance your overdue for and report back.

Also, I've got to be honest. You have posted more threads about issues your having than anyone else on Earth. At some point I have to believe its at least partially your fault. You have got to keep up with your maintenance. You have had issue after issue and ever time someone tells you what you need to do you either ignore it or basically say its not the answer you were looking for. I understand maintenance can be a pain, if its a money issue maybe consider a cheaper car. If its a laziness issue, consider a car that isn't quite as picky. Bottom line, do your maintenance or plan on more and more fixes that will cost WAY more than the maintenance
Of course more maintenance would be a good thing, but when I bought the car I was making $1500 a week. Now I'm lucky if I make $200 a week. At the time I had a business that was doing well and no reason to think I wouldn't be able to afford the car. But the issues I have had with this car are also valid: I've never had a car with more mechanical problems than this one. Even the Ford Tempo I used to have lasted longer without any issues, and that was an 85'. PLUS, the layout of this car is absolutely nuts. The things I could normally do myself, like spark plugs, belts, etc require so much to be removed it's silly. Like the transmission fluid. I have to take the intercooler off to do that. What kind of dumb design is that? To do the spark plugs you have to take a bunch of stuff off. I'm used to everything being right there, easy to get to. It's like they designed the car so you'd only buy it if you wanted to take it to a mechanic with a shop. Imagine a computer that to change the processor you had to remove the psu, then the hard drive, then the dvd drive, then the memory, then the heat sink, it'd be pretty poorly laid out, right? It's sort of like changing the speakers on the car: you have to take off the whole door panel! Stupid, bad, poor design. A 5 minute job winds up being an hour's worth of work because someone thought it was better that way.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I honestly think you would be better off with a different car

·
Banned
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I honestly think you would be better off with a different car
I'm aiming to get either an F-150 Crew Cab 4x4 (5.4L) or a Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7L used. If I decide to go new, probably a Toyota Rav4. I think I'm pretty much done with cars until I can afford a DB9 or GT-R, but seeing as how I'm stuck with this car for now, it would be nice if there weren't so many issues with it. This is my daily driver, not a second car. A lot of the stuff I could maybe try with the car wouldn't be smart to try since if I do something wrong, I have no back-up.

·
Registered
72 Posts
cant afford to maintain 25k dollar car, talks about buying a 100k dollar car.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Ok stumbled on this ummm if ur having all these problems it might be ur driving style. And do not use subarus design as an excuse sir it's called learning I learned yes it's harder but if u want to save cash then u make the sacrifice. I have a 02 and the only major issue was my tranny going kaboom. But I know it's because of wear and tear, more power, and some abuse I gave it. Please do not make subarus out to be the bad guy here, stop slamming gears and driving it like u stole it. We for the most part are all strapped for cash

·
Banned
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok stumbled on this ummm if ur having all these problems it might be ur driving style. And do not use subarus design as an excuse sir it's called learning I learned yes it's harder but if u want to save cash then u make the sacrifice. I have a 02 and the only major issue was my tranny going kaboom. But I know it's because of wear and tear, more power, and some abuse I gave it. Please do not make subarus out to be the bad guy here, stop slamming gears and driving it like u stole it. We for the most part are all strapped for cash
Driving it like I stole it, I have yet to go over 100 in the car. I've had it for 3 years now. I hardly ever go over 80 in it. I don't lay strips, I don't race it, it's never once been on the beach, or even on grass, I don't go over 50 in rain and usually not over 35 or so if it's snowing bad out. I'm not sure how that qualifies as driving it like I stole it. And it isn't about making a sacrifice to learn how to fix it. A) I don't have a proper shop to learn how to do more extensive repairs like changing the clutch, and B) One mistake I can't fix and I have no car and lose my job. I'm gonna guess most of those of you out there who learned on your cars have another car or Jeep or something like that just in case. I don't. This is it. As for being strapped for cash, my paycheck this week is $100. I work for tips so I probably make another $100 thanks to having such a short shift, and I have a roommate that pays me another $75 a week. So that's $275 a week I make, and I use about $60 in gas. That's $840 a month net and my rent is $800 a month. Tell me you have less than the .33 cents I have to my name to spend every day.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Driving it like I stole it, I have yet to go over 100 in the car. I've had it for 3 years now. I hardly ever go over 80 in it. I don't lay strips, I don't race it, it's never once been on the beach, or even on grass, I don't go over 50 in rain and usually not over 35 or so if it's snowing bad out. I'm not sure how that qualifies as driving it like I stole it. And it isn't about making a sacrifice to learn how to fix it. A) I don't have a proper shop to learn how to do more extensive repairs like changing the clutch, and B) One mistake I can't fix and I have no car and lose my job. I'm gonna guess most of those of you out there who learned on your cars have another car or Jeep or something like that just in case. I don't. This is it. As for being strapped for cash, my paycheck this week is $100. I work for tips so I probably make another $100 thanks to having such a short shift, and I have a roommate that pays me another $75 a week. So that's $275 a week I make, and I use about $60 in gas. That's $840 a month net and my rent is $800 a month. Tell me you have less than the .33 cents I have to my name to spend every day.
Actually sir ur life is not that bad 1) no there wasn't another car I could drive when I work on mine due to my wife's car being inop at the time. Two I have a wife and a two year old daughter my wife hasnt been able to get a job in two years and I made less then 12000 last year so add up rent bills and food. so before u start comparing lives realize you don't have it the worse. I had to leave and come overseas to provide for my family. So trust me that 33 cents a day would have been nice for me to have so hush. And when I say drive it like u stole it I ment accelerating hard.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Talks about buying a $200,000 car when he can afford it. I suggest you look up the DB9 retail. Thanks for playing, though.
did you not say gt-r also?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts