ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see anything in the "Fun Drives" forum.

Where do you like to take your car out for a fun drive in Washington?

·
Moderating YOU, before you had your Subaru!
13,353 Posts
There's a couple roads up near Bellingham where we've had good drives...Chuckanut Drive and Sunrise Drive (I think that's the name). Chuckanut is more scenic and but has more traffic...Sunrise is nice and twisty and a bit challenging.

There's a few roads down in Federal Way that are nice too...once is a "togue-style" road that's one way up hill and one way down hill. Good stuff!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Most fun drive ever...did it about 6 times last weekend, going back and forth from the campground to the nearest town:

Highway 503, between Woodland WA and to the end of Swift Resivore (sp?). The road continues down Forest Service road 90 around the lake. It's nonstop curves, but not too slow, with just the right amount of straight aways. If anyone know this stretch of road you can't help but agree it's one of the best 20 miles in Washington. Scenic as well, but you won't have time to enjoy the view with all the curves.

·
Registered
609 Posts
The road that goes past Windy Ridge (Mt. St. Helens) to a little town called Cougar is pretty fun and so it the road to windy ridge.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go to "fun drives"!

I posted my newest and best fun drive in the "Fun Drives" section.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just Be said:
I didn't see anything in the "Fun Drives" forum.

Where do you like to take your car out for a fun drive in Washington?
I-90 east to Easton so many back roads and for those of you with the itch to
rally the logging roads are great though runing wide will probly cost you your car
:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
656 Posts
hwy 112 out towards neah bay is good, hwy 14 from camas to hwy 97 (97 is good too), hwy 504 to st helens, hwy 7 heading from enumclaw to mt rainier, another good loop I like taking is hwy 4 from kelso out to the coast then taking 101 back up to raymond then taking hwy 6 back to I5. Hwy 105 out from Cosmopolis which is just a big loop around the coast back down to Raymond.

·
Registered
59 Posts
There's a couple roads up near Bellingham where we've had good drives...Chuckanut Drive and Sunrise Drive (I think that's the name). Chuckanut is more scenic and but has more traffic...Sunrise is nice and twisty and a bit challenging.

There's a few roads down in Federal Way that are nice too...once is a "togue-style" road that's one way up hill and one way down hill. Good stuff!
I have drove the chuckanut a few times and had fun, but it has too much traffic IMO. Where is Sunrise drive? Sorry....new to the area, need directions :rotfl:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts