ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soooo... posted on nastysock with mixed review. either love it or hate i got bored and wrapped it.

IMAG0716.jpg

IMAG0717.jpg

IMAG0719.jpg

IMAG0720.jpg

just to offset the r-tards, NO i do not think it makes the car lighter. NO i don't think it's real carbon fiber, or tell anyone it's real when they ask or any of the other stupidity that i've heard about it. basically i did it cause i was bored and i own a small business that does it and other graphic related stuff so it was advertising. with that being said, i also plan on a set of black rims, and a drop some time when i get bored again.

there... feel free to comment, ****ish or compliment, i care not. :)

Attachments

·
Æternum
20,621 Posts
I'll be honest and blunt: I don't like it.

However, good for you for trying something new.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From 50 feet it looks matte/satin black. Unless it's sunny, then every angle on the car refracts. honestly the cost/durability doesn't really justify it. it been pretty durable as far as chipping and rock impacts and the like, but the outdoor life isn't rated very long compared to some premium cast vinyls. I'd think 3M should get rolling on improving lifespan. it's been on for a couple months now and I've not really noticed any degradation so far so we'll see. certainly gotta clean the car more often. lol

·
Registered
279 Posts
please do me a favor!!!!! can you spray some Di-noc with a clear coat? I hear it turns it into a "wet" look. could look even better....

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
please do me a favor!!!!! can you spray some Di-noc with a clear coat? I hear it turns it into a "wet" look. could look even better....
i could see that working well actually. might take about 7 coats of clear to build it high enough to polish smooth, but i can say in the carwash when the hood floods to a gloss, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between that and real CF without getting close and inspecting it. there again, if i were gonna go THAT in depth with it, i'd just do real carbon.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Definitely a great job man!

Only thing I don't like about it is that your car is stock. If it had some other visual mods to tie it together, I think could be sex.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
really the only thing i'll consider adding to the outside is a drop, and rims. it's got tint, catback, debadge/rebadge, rally armor flaps, and engine management.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I personally thought it looked great until I got down to the close-up pictures and you can actually tell is CF, in the first 2 pics at a quick glance it looks like a matte black

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Will you sell me a badge like that?
That could be arranged, though keep in mind you'll pretty much have to modify your stock emblem beyond salvageable. these CF inserts replaces the clear blue lenses. If you can get them out intact, cool, if not then you'll need to get new emblems if you ever wanna return to stock.

I personally thought it looked great until I got down to the close-up pictures and you can actually tell is CF, in the first 2 pics at a quick glance it looks like a matte black
meh, it does look matte/satin when it's not bright out and from a distance. some time sooner than later i'm hoping to arrange a professional photographer to snap some worthy pics. that should make it or break it for you.

·
Registered
759 Posts
It's interesting and unique if nothing else... I'm not really sure what I think. I think i may like it if there were other mods to make the car look more aggressive. Like maybe lowering, wider stance with different wheels, a front lip, and what if you took out the mesh from the grills?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
I like the first pic that makes it look matte black. Not a big fan of CF, but I like the idea of wraps in general. It's definitely very well done, excellent work!

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Looks like it was a good advertising exercise for your business and is obviously professionally done. I think it looks cool as matte black but the CF is over the top, but as you said, you don't really care what people think and just wanted to show it off. ;) From that perspective it's a cool project! You need to finish those last little bits of silver though to match because those look weird.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Makes me contemplate doing that to my bumper, granted my bumper is a steel pipe frame with aluminum plates riveted on, it still could be hot looking.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts