Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
In Æternum
17,156 Posts
We know nothing else about your car, but I can assure you that the 650cc injectors will have a hard time supporting that additional 30% fuel flow requirement with even stock components on a turbo 2.5L.

Reactions: Braidyn7

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We know nothing else about your car, but I can assure you that the 650cc injectors will have a hard time supporting that additional 30% fuel flow requirement with even stock components on a turbo 2.5L.
It’s just a 2.0L stock internal EJ205. I am putting ARP head studs, all new gaskets and gates timing belt kit with water pump. It has a stock turbo. Grimspeed boost solenoid, AEM cold air intake, koyorad radiator, and torque solution turbo inlet hose. I’m new to all of this so just trying to get some my information. I’m really just looking to have a solid daily with some small upgrades

·
Super Moderator
2,592 Posts
Ewwwww dontworkz. Don’t be surprised if they fail. Walbro for pumps and ID for injectors, or fic if you are in a pinch.

But assuming you go forward using the dw parts, I highly doubt the 650cc injectors will be enough. What is your power goal?

·
In Æternum
17,156 Posts
It’s just a 2.0L stock internal EJ205. I am putting ARP head studs, all new gaskets and gates timing belt kit with water pump. It has a stock turbo. Grimspeed boost solenoid, AEM cold air intake, koyorad radiator, and torque solution turbo inlet hose. I’m new to all of this so just trying to get some my information. I’m really just looking to have a solid daily with some small upgrades
By this point, you will (or should) already be talking to a tuner. On the outset, I'd say those 650cc injectors will be too small to run E85. There may be lower blends that you can run, obviously there will be the challenge of checking ethanol content using fuel strips which honestly you should be doing anyway with pump E85 unless you have a flex-fuel setup. You should really be addressing these questions to your tuner.

Overall, agreed with @WRX-maniac here, what are your actual goals?

I'm also a great-bit confused as to why you would install head studs on a motor that isn't already apart or being rebuilt? If you are already disassembling the motor, I'd take the opportunity to either 1. refresh the internals or 2. upgrade to mild pistons/rods/bearings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
By this point, you will (or should) already be talking to a tuner. On the outset, I'd say those 650cc injectors will be too small to run E85. There may be lower blends that you can run, obviously there will be the challenge of checking ethanol content using fuel strips which honestly you should be doing anyway with pump E85 unless you have a flex-fuel setup. You should really be addressing these questions to your tuner.

Overall, agreed with @WRX-maniac here, what are your actual goals?

I'm also a great-bit confused as to why you would install head studs on a motor that isn't already apart or being rebuilt? If you are already disassembling the motor, I'd take the opportunity to either 1. refresh the internals or 2. upgrade to mild pistons/rods/bearings.
I just purchased the car. The past owner had one small overheat and then let it sit for a little over a year. I was disassembling the motor just to refresh it. I’m not looking to go all out and spend a bunch of money just spending a little extra on the stuff that already needs to be replaced. I’m just trying to have it as a pretty reliable daily

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just purchased the car. The past owner had one small overheat and then let it sit for a little over a year. I was disassembling the motor just to refresh it. I’m not looking to go all out and spend a bunch of money just spending a little extra on the stuff that already needs to be replaced. I’m just trying to have it as a pretty reliable daily
I’m replacing the head studs because a few of the old one had some corrosion on them

·
Not a mod
13,147 Posts
You'll have to have the heads remachined and the combustion volume matched to stock if using a kit or staged solution.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts