ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im not too much a car novice but this is my first subie and im loving the hell out of it btw:) anyhow ive got pretty much got your basic stage 2 bugeye intake, exhaust, sti tm and a 3 port boost solenoid... im maxing out my stock injectors at 17psi and wanna crank it up some more, so besides the obvious pump and injectors do i need to upgrade anything else??? also ive got a vf39 in my basement for when the stock turbo takes a **** and id like to have all the fuel system components in order when the time comes

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Pump/injectors should be all you need.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
76k miles now bought it last year with 51k and so far its all stock as far as the brakes and suspension, but its only a matter of time and money before that changes. struts and sways are gonna be first im thinking just cause of the bang for buck i think they will give me

·
Registered
302 Posts
Dont upgrade the turbo till you have those things taken care of.
Yep. Suspension is probably more important then power, in my opinion. What good is a suspension that has been designed for a 230HP/220 ft-lb car on a car potentially pumping around 300 HP/300 ft-lbs. But then again, I live in the mountains, so handling ability is much more important then power. Its easy to keep up with a 500 HP mustang in the mountains when they cant turn worth a darn. Im rambling, definitely upgrade your suspension first.

Bushings and mounts too, seeing that your car is getting near 10 years old, probably a good idea to invest in some urethane bushings and some Group N mounts, less slop in power transfer and handling ability. TiC has some good staged packages and bushing sets at affordable prices.

TiC Staged Packages ---> TiC staged Packages

TiC all other Things 2003 - 2003 WRX ---> 2002-2003 WRX Stuff

Ive got to say, I actually got under my car yesterday to check the condition of my bushings, right now they are fine, but im still going to replace them soon. I was amazed on actually how soft and squishy some of these bushings were, despite only being 5 - 6 year old car, definitely very wimpy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks alot thats def quite helpful and im goin to do that real soon actually looking into it now haha, i was going to do the suspension first regardless but i didnt think to replace the mounts and bushings so thanks again

·
Banned
6,622 Posts
No sense going making it go faster if you can't stop or turn. The WRX's suspension is inadequate for duties where the car is making near double the stock hp. I'm sure piece of mind in the brakes too wouldn't hurt you. Not saying you need new calipers, just good pads, brake lines, and fluid.

·
Registered
302 Posts
No sense going making it go faster if you can't stop or turn. The WRX's suspension is inadequate for duties where the car is making near double the stock hp. I'm sure piece of mind in the brakes too wouldn't hurt you. Not saying you need new calipers, just good pads, brake lines, and fluid.
That too, also, if you have the cash to spare. A Brake Master Cylinder Brace couldnt hurt either, TiC sells one as well.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I just skipped all that and installed a drag parachute. If you really need to stop, it works like a charm.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I just skipped all that and installed a drag parachute. If you really need to stop, it works like a charm.
Be quite the pain in the a** at each stop light in traffic.... Need to run out and fold it back up every time hehe...

·
Banned
664 Posts
no i havent heard of this... whats the basic rundown? like how hard to do and cost, oh and whats the saftey improvements?
the stock fuel system is very long! feeds cylinder 4-2-1-3 or drivers back-drivers front-passenger front-passenger back. 3 blows up a lot and for safty its better to run parallel. so instead of a long train where pressure drop can occur, you feed either the fronts or the back two at the same time. then of course fuel runs through the fuel rails feeding the other 2 second. basically it gets rid of feeding an injector 3rd then 4th. since it makes all four more equal theres less chance of a pressure drop and a cylinder running lean and blowing. no its not hard, just takes patience and the cost is almost nothing unless you buy an aftermarket kit like Perrin, turbo xs, aeromotive.

i did a how too- http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/custom-making-inlet-tube-09-wrx-29957/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts