Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with all the whinning and complaining and concern over the stock fuel system, i decided that it would probably be a good idea to change something to it. so i went about the task of changing the setup from series to parallel. i bought the fuel lines, the connectors, the clamps, the tees...and when all was said and done, i realized that there's this little thing called a fuel pressure regulator that happens to have an adapter that no one sells. period.

its located in front of cylinder #2, the passenger front side. in order to do the proper parallel conversion, you hafta move the FPR, but in its place you gotta somehow attach a hose. unfortunately, i can't find a frigging adapter that'll work where the stock fpr was at :( can someone offer some advice or ways to get around this? (perhaps flaring the end of it or something)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Check nasioc.com there is a thread about that right now. I haven't read it but you have the same title so there might be some useful info for you.

edit: ok, just read the thread and saw you already posted there. anyway free bump for ya.

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok - brainstorming here:

in the event that i can't find that adapter for the FPR, would it be ok to saw the lines beyond that? i know there isn't much room ,but its still possible with some flare fittings and such if you cut the fpr mount off.

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that link goes to the weapon-r website. however, there is no such adapter listed.

can someone link me to a website that has that adapter or one that will work?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Why don't you just buy an aftermarket FPR and be done with it. Then it's adjustable anyway for tunability. I've used paxton, and they work well. Are big and pretty heavy duty.

-Jason

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...ok, sure, but does that mean that the fpr will have the same adapter and fittings as the stock fpr?

·
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jmussetter said:
Why don't you just buy an aftermarket FPR and be done with it. Then it's adjustable anyway for tunability. I've used paxton, and they work well. Are big and pretty heavy duty.

-Jason
umm...big azz fprs like that one aren't made for the kind of fuel pressure our car has - those are like 6-15psi wheras our's is like 35 and up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts