Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2022 WRX Premium, love the car, however at 2380 miles I’ve had my first issue. My high pressure fuel pump failed. Dealership said this is a known issue with the 2022 WRX. It failed today June 22, 2022 (have had the car 6 weeks.) Dealer ordered the parts, most of which won’t be in until July 2, 2022. However, the actual fuel pump itself is on back order and they literally told me to plan on not having my car for at least 3 weeks maybe longer because they have no idea when they can get a fuel pump.

Anybody else has issues yet? If not, I’d guess (from the service writers comments) your not to far away from an issue.

Service tech said (and these are his numbers so I don’t know if they are accurate or if he was just using these numbers for example/explanation) the high pressure pump should be around 3000psi, but mine showed a spike to 30,800psi (which seams totally unrealistic to me) and that’s what caused the engine to shut down.

After it shut down, I did restart the car and drove about 1 mile to the dealership. Thankfully it happened today and not next week when I will be out of town on a trip.

·
In Æternum
16,890 Posts
Glad to hear they have you covered even if the part is backordered. No loaner?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I would push for a loaner. When I had got my 2013 Sti they didn't wanna give me a loaner until I started talking more and contacting Subaru themselves. Had my oil pump go out at 5k miles and it took about that long to get it fixed. It sucks but at least they are fixing it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would push for a loaner. When I had got my 2013 Sti they didn't wanna give me a loaner until I started talking more and contacting Subaru themselves. Had my oil pump go out at 5k miles and it took about that long to get it fixed. It sucks but at least they are fixing it.
They gave me a loaner no questions asked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts