ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have some sort of fuel or ignition problem. While driving and getting boost the car makes a shutter like I’m hitting fuel cut just not as abrupt. I have replaced the fuel pump with a 255 and put in a fuel press gauge just to see what my press is. ( I’m only getting 17 psi of fuel pressure not sure but I don’t think that it should be quit that low but could be wrong.) I have the gauge hooked up to the line coming out of the fuel filter and it stays constant at 17 psi even with boost. Any ideas of what could be the problem?

·
I Drink & I Know Things
2,477 Posts
I had some fuel issues myself recently. I ended up replacing the pump and the fuel pressure regulator. The problem was not as bad, but still existed. Then went with the entire fuel injector replacement...problem resolved. Maybe start with the FPR for now and see what happens since it's probably the next cheapest replacement.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
There are also a few fuel lines in our system that can create an issue. Some are designed with a rubber section to act as a 'dampener' from what I have read. Pretty hard to fix the mechanical issue without some major rework. The FPR isn't a bad start though - I'm tempted to try one myself in the near future.

Have you tried logging the fuel pressure (or more importantly, the afr) over a few pulls of constant throttles at various loads? I spend a good bit of time every time the seasons change fixing my load compensation table. There seems to be a huge resonance in our fuel system that occurs around 2-3.5k rpm depending on the car and at medium loads.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you tried logging the fuel pressure (or more importantly, the afr) over a few pulls of constant throttles at various loads? I spend a good bit of time every time the seasons change fixing my load compensation table. There seems to be a huge resonance in our fuel system that occurs around 2-3.5k rpm depending on the car and at medium loads.
Probably a giant noob question but what do you mean by this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts