Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello lads,

It would seem that my ol' 03 WRX wagon is in some serious need of fuel line repairs (rusted to absolute trash). A few months ago, I went to take my car out of storage; that's when I noticed fuel POURING from underneath my car. As a result, I temporarily fixed the leak with some fuel line from the auto store; then I clamped over the leak to prevent it from pouring even more. The leak is coming from a fuel line just in front of the rear, drivers side, tire. The line drops down, from what would be below the back seat of the vehicle, and then curves back heading towards the rear of the vehicle. There's a small section of fuel line (roughly an inch of metal line) that was exposed AFTER the drop and BEFORE the line continues backwards, and that's where the leak is mainly happening. I need to fix the entire line (obviously). I already checked recalls and no go there. I've heard that I would have to tear apart the interior of my car to gain access, but I can't seem to find much information on the actual process of doing so. As far as parts go, I can't seem to find actual OEM replacement line (which I would prefer), so it looks like I'll be cutting out a section if that's a possibility. Any information, guidance, or general knowledge on the topic would be helpful. Thanks!

Light Water Auto part Space Darkness

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello lads,

It would seem that my ol' 03 WRX wagon is in some serious need of fuel line repairs (rusted to absolute trash). A few months ago, I went to take my car out of storage; that's when I noticed fuel POURING from underneath my car. As a result, I temporarily fixed the leak with some fuel line from the auto store; then I clamped over the leak to prevent it from pouring even more. The leak is coming from a fuel line just in front of the rear, drivers side, tire. The line drops down, from what would be below the back seat of the vehicle, and then curves back heading towards the rear of the vehicle. There's a small section of fuel line (roughly an inch of metal line) that was exposed AFTER the drop and BEFORE the line continues backwards, and that's where the leak is mainly happening. I need to fix the entire line (obviously). I already checked recalls and no go there. I've heard that I would have to tear apart the interior of my car to gain access, but I can't seem to find much information on the actual process of doing so. As far as parts go, I can't seem to find actual OEM replacement line (which I would prefer), so it looks like I'll be cutting out a section if that's a possibility. Any information, guidance, or general knowledge on the topic would be helpful. Thanks!

View attachment 279937
I am having the same exact issue with my 2002. Any follow up on what you did?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts