ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Thinking Man's Engine
3,013 Posts
Funny, I always thought the fuel line hoses tend to be reinforced rubber hoses.

BG 44K is the best fuel system cleaner out there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's great. I was hoping I could find it at a store and pick it up on the way home. But the nearest distributor is in Ohio. :confused:

Oh well, back to google

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Lots of BG products are sold through automotive dealership service and parts departments. Check with your local dealerships (if you want, Servco Lexus Honolulu sells BG :)

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Yes, the WRX has a nylon fuel sock.

There's been a lot of talk about using toulene as an octane booster. Now, it seems that it cleans the fuel system too!

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
BG 44K is good stuff. i've never used it, but it gets great reviews.

i am a fan of the techron fuel system cleaner. i do one every oil change or so. the BG44K stuff is a little longer term, am i right tan?

dR

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Yeah, here in Lakewood, Advance, AutoZone, CarQuest, John Elway Subaru, Planet Honda all carry BG products.

So did Dinstuhl's Fine Garage - the world's greatest Honda shop - 'till Pete decided he was sick of the wrench business. (sorry for off-topic but if he hadnt have closed I probably would've bought an RSX!)

edit: that Forum where that second link resides is freakin' cool! It's totally dedicated to fluids and filters! Awesome!

http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php

edit 2: I'm a geek, aren't I? :(

·
Registered
1,891 Posts

·
Thinking Man's Engine
3,013 Posts
the stuff is expensive....so, it's used about once or twice a year. It costs about $20 per can.

·
Registered
8,630 Posts
Fuel Injector Cleaner

Is it good practice to add this to your tank every once in a while, or is it just a waste of money?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts