ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so first off I know most people with WRX/STI don't really care about fuel economy and I know that is not why most buy them. But it is my daily driver and I always want the best of both worlds. My car is a '12 WRX sedan with no mods w/ 4200 miles. I am averaging city/HWY about 20-22. I know Subaru didn't deem it necessary, but I can't believe they didn't give this car double overdrive-there is NO need to spin this many RPM going down the freeway. :screwy:

I read a member went with catless DP, CAI, and i believe a stage 2 tune and HWY & city mileage went up considerably. I am wanting to do DP, CAI, and Torqued performance tune. I want 300-310 at the wheels and hopefully high 12s. So would this kill my MPGs or help? What kinda mileage have you guys seen? Would it have to be a catless DP? Stage I or II? What about having TP make me a very conservative tune that I could swap out w/ a performance one when I needed the mpgs? Crazy? Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Those mods in and of themselves don't hurt gas mileage (ideally). Losing the stock tune may. If you are extremely concerned about gas mileage, I'd go to a well known local tuner to make sure you get a great tune. Verifying your air/fuel is correct when not under boost and that you are at MBT in the mid range performance would help.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Generally if you improve engine efficiency you will improve gas mileage during cruise. But over all your right foot dictates gas milage. The more boost you run the more fuel you need. The more time you spend in boost,the more fuel is wasted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts