Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive had this turbo for about 5000miles now. i put it in when my car when it hit the 10,000mile marker!

the turbo inlet is ported out for a bit more air flow. i have ran it with my utec at 17psi daily driven. ive been to the drag strip once with this turbo on. in denver colorado, ran a 13.2, 18psi... but still was running rich, so definately room for more potential.

i live in bay area. any more questions or pix, email me at [email protected]

or call 4085823002

550$ OBO

johnny

·
Registered
17 Posts
with that utec can you take your revs up higher or are you keeping them at the stock redline? and what made you pick the utec over the vishnu one?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my friend is running utec and a hks fcd(fuel cut defenser), and he told me he redlines at just about 8000rpm without fuelcutting! i heard good things bout the fcd.

but i myself, is sort of a beginner on realllly tuning the utec. i just tuned the fuel and timing for now. im also using an open loop boost type(electronic boost controls), so i havent messed with the boost map. in my opinion bringing up the redline isnt that great of a move... u cann do it with the utec, but i think whatever the engine sets at(7000rpm), i wouldnt wanna push it u know!? unless massive internal mods are done...

are u talking bout the vishnu unichip or the xede?

·
Registered
17 Posts
yeah i was talking about the unichip. but that fuel cut defenser thing. i have heard good things about that, how it gets ride of boost spiking, and keeps things on the level. they talked about that fuel cut in the new import tuner on a dsm. is that thing really worth the money because that was the frist i have ever heard about that.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i also have a unichip for sale hehe!! yaa unichip is nothing compared to utec. pretty much simple answer for why chose utec: user tunable haha! andd i dunno howww far u can go with the unichip on tuning wise... but i do reme there was a really big difference when i put in the unichip! that was a while ago.. haha

ya from what my freind says, he loves the fcd. its only around $150.. im gonna get that later on for sure, i think its worth it. cuz rex's are known to fuel cut! at least mine does..

what have u done to ure car?

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have only had it for 6 months or so. your going to laugh when i
tell you this, droped the rear section with no silencer, mbc, and a k&n drip in air filter. i'm asking alot of people question so i know what the best thing is too spend me money. . on so if any suggestions or know anybody who is selling any used parts let me know , thanks. that uinchip is that better then a stock for now or should i wait and get utec?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i got my car right when it came out in 2001, and jumped right into mods. so from my experiences, ive changed from a lot of different parts, and learned the hard way haha! not like now, u can basically find anything.

the unichip is probably the most cost affective part for ure car. its instant power. i mean u should start out slow, play with ure car. cuz i cant just tell u get the utec... u gotta learn about the car first. utec will run at its best with upgraded turbo, inj and fuel pump in my opinion.

·
Registered
17 Posts
yeah i'm looking into getting the down pipe & the up pipe right now. you have any suggestions on any?

i was thinking about the one form gruppe_s.. i think it was called helix have you heard any thing about them?

·
Registered
17 Posts
what all do you have for sale? seems like you got a lot of stuff for sale. you got any thing done to out side or you just doing
performance parts? what area was the krispy cream in?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hahaa im tryinggg to sell my scoobysport dp. cuz with my setup now, the piping is alittle small, thus a bit of backpressure.. so the helix will be good for me.

i also selling the unichip which is mapped to a stg 2(intake, turboback exhaust, pullies). its been awhilee haha

i got some exterior bits alsoo. none for sale tho hehe. well i might wanna sell my 18" subzeros...

from what i see in ure other post, u live in concord!!?? damn thats far... well the krispy cream i think its sumwhere off 880, by fremont..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts