ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a serious buyer for my EJ22T block that is paying me $500 for it. I have no desire to ship this thing and would much rather a local pick up or delivery. So, if you want it, let me know. I am getting the $$$ for it on Wednesday, so post here before then if you want it. And if you want the details, search out my original thread from April. It has all the details that I am too lazy to recount here...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Grrrrrrrrrr I'm so interested!

I need another month to save up and I would totally take it off your hands.

Its a tight month with 60k maint. and other various bills.

·
Registered
553 Posts
One of the greatest things about the EJ22t blocks is the presence of oil squirters. They VASTLY prolong piston and ring life and keep detonation down alot. Unfortunately re-tapping the oil galleys for new squirters to thread into would be a really tall order for even a good machine shop to pull off.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
196k and 3 of the four oil squirters have fallen out. Personally I acquired it for a high powered build with a full rebuild, capping of the squirters and overboring/resleeving with 100mm pistons runnning 8.8:1 CR. I don't wanna sell it, but money makes the world go round...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ok never mind.

Machining and new pistons etc. for subaru's are way too expensive to re-build a block.

Its easyer to just buy a short block, blow it up and throw it away.

last time i looked they wanted 150-250 per piston.:(

Erik S,

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is probably usable in it's current state, but I was gonna have it build for 400+hp. It was gonna run about $2500-3000 to do.

But you could take it in it's current form, and install a set of Axis Pistons ($500, IIRC) and run it as is for $1000, assuming you do your own labor. Axis sells the same thing for around $2500 using a new core...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts