Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Don't buy an obvious Turbo upgrade! The dealer will see it... and give you a hard time anytime you go in for warranty work....

Want more power, without them knowing? This is the one for you!

The stealth install of a stock turbo with the touch of Forced Performance Magic
Can you say 245 WHP???? Without an upgraded fuel system? Check out what TurboXS did (Unichip was used to obtain that power though)

Have the stealth install of the FP turbo, with power approaching that of the VF30, combine it with a TurboXS tuned Unichip and harness, you can remove it all in no time flat........

Ok... enough with the sales pitch... I bought this turbo a few months ago, put about 3,000 miles on it... loved every minute of it..... (stock fuel system too!, no engine mgmt.)

I decided that I don't really care about my warranty anymore... I want more power... so, I am going a different route....(larger turbo, engine mgmt, upgraded fuel sys, etc...)

I will have this turbo ready to ship in about a week (waiting for my new one to come in)

If you don't want to have any downtime, by sending your turbo to FP to have them rebuild it... just buy mine... then sell your stocker later....

I'm asking $750 shipped, to anywhere in the continental U.S. (Please no flames... do the math..., if you're not interested, don't post) , local guys have first dibs...... This will be here a few days, then it makes a trip to ebay :)

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
If local guys have first dibs, it would be helpful to know WHERE YOU ARE!

You said do the math, so I did. Why on earth would somebody buy a USED FP turbo for $750 when they can get a BRAND NEW VF30 for <$900 shipped?

-Jim

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Jim... I'm In Omaha, NE

Why would someone want to pay $750 ....?

Warranty..... purely.

+ Keep in mind that the buyer can then turn around and sell their own stocker... making up for the diff....

I know that the dealers around here, give people a hard time with warranty work when they can see an obvious upgrade... i.e. A larger turbo, like your VF30....

And, most places I've seen for a VF30, in stock are $1,000 or so...
(where do you see brand new VF30's for less than $900 shipped??)

But... anyways, the only reason is for warranty... it is very easily hidden...

Of course, if a dealer has to take off the downpipe... you're screwed......

Jim... no one has to buy it..... if you are not interested.. then fine. To each his own... I paid $595 + shipping, + $300 or so for a stock turbo, and used it for 3,000 miles.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Kenneth2000 said:
Jim... I'm In Omaha, NE

+ Keep in mind that the buyer can then turn around and sell their own stocker... making up for the diff....

I know that the dealers around here, give people a hard time with warranty work when they can see an obvious upgrade... i.e. A larger turbo, like your VF30....

And, most places I've seen for a VF30, in stock are $1,000 or so...
(where do you see brand new VF30's for less than $900 shipped??)
Very true about selling the stock turbo. I didn't think of that. It's not that bad a deal, I suppose.

Here's the VF30 for $850, since you asked.

Also, the FP turbo has "FP" stamped on it in several locations. A friend of mine has one and says that any tech worth his salt will see it. That same friend of mine ran [email protected] on the stock fuel system. Not too shabby!

The FP turbo is an awesome turbo. Good luck selling it.

-Jim

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called about 6 diff. turbo shops on Thursday... looking for turbos.. first off, no one had any in stock. Secondly, they were $950 + shipping..... but they were saying they had the VF34's coming in in a couple of weeks for about $1,100.

As for FP being stamped on it, I don't know what your friend is talking about.... I own one... there are no markings on the outside of it at all. Maybe they did something diff. on his Or, I'm just not seeing it... I'll check it out again when I go to take it off.

Thanks,

Brett

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Ken,

Did you call the shop that I linked to above?
$850 is a really good deal for a VF30. I'm curious to see if they are still selling them for that much!

-Jim

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No Jim.. I didn't know about them when I was calling around... now that I've already bought my bigger turbo.... oh well, I'll probably call them on Tuesday anyways, just to see....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts