ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 02 WRX is being driven by my dad while I am stationed here in Germany. It is blue (duh!) and has the following mods:

Helix up pipe
Helix down pipe
Borla "hush" twin tip
Whiteline front and rear swaybars
Whiteline endlinks
Tein coilovers
Tein EFDC
K+N panel filter
ASA wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires
SPT short throw shifter
Cobb AP (car is flashed to stage 2)
35% tint on all windows (except front)

There are several small dings and dents and scracthes in the car (it survived 3 years of winter in Anchorage). It is mechanically sound and a great DD.

PM me for info.

edit: forgot to add the stock wheels with three almost-new tires (and one with a sidewall cut) come with it as well.

edit: Ok, mileage is somewhere in the 51k neighborhood. I don't know the exact as I am a continent away from it. Price is $14k negotiable (I know what BB is, but I also know the coilovers and efdc are almost brand new and over $1k themselves). The car really has been flawless for me, I really wish I could keep it.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Might want to include mileage and price?

·
Registered
609 Posts
14k is still very high... regardless of some mods, which most people shy away from, from what i see. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm interested in the Borla Hush exhaust.....you willing to part. I am located in the Twin Cities as well. I can pick it up. Lemme know. Thanks.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$14k is NOT "very high" at all. $14k is "very high" if it was a stock WRX. But it isn't.

Casual purchasers/users tend to shy away from a modded (even lightly modded like mine) vehicle; mostly because they don't know how it has been treated in its previous life. And there is no real way to find out either, just my word that it hasn't been raced or abused (I'm not a kid and it was my only car for 4 years). It has been driven from Arkansas to Anchorage, around, then back again with a roadtrip or two thrown in (and then by my dad up to St Paul). It has winter miles and summer miles, and it is still low milage for a 6.5 year old car, (there is nowhere to go in Anchorage without going on a long trip, and I didn't take trips any longer than an hour).

So lets look at the rough numbers:
Blue Book for an 02 WRX in "Good" condition is ~ $12,500
Tein Flex Coilovers and EFDC total out to ~ $2000
ASA AR1 x and Michelin Pilotsport AS x4 ~$1200
Cobb AP ~$600
Whiteline endlinks ~$250
Whiteline F+R swaybars ~$350
Whiteline rear sway moutning kit ~$100
Helix uppipe ~$180
Helix downpipe ~$250
Borla "Hush" ~$600

Grand total $18,030

So $14k negotiable is not so far off is it? And honestly, it isn't your place to comment on the price I have set. If you have an issue with the price and you are interested in the car, PM me, otherwise please refrain from comment.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but you're out of line.

Anyone else that has a specific question, feel free to ask.

·
Registered
609 Posts
well, maybe not very high, but high. First those parts are expensive, but once you put them on your car you cant expect to get a lot out of them, no one ever gets the money they have put into their car out of it. I was interested as a possible buyer, but for that much i can get a 04. Maybe it wasnt my place, but as a potential buyer i was giving feedback. Im sure 14k is very reasonable to someone who is willing to pay for such mods on the car, so in that case good luck with your sale, im sure that your rex is an amazing car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts