Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed aftermarket speakers in my 2016 wrx this past summer. I was getting some nasty buzzing on bass in the passenger rear door speaker on occasion. I assumed something was loose. Took it all apart still buzzed. Took it inside hooked it up to an old stereo and the buzz was ther but slowly went away. Then I noticed the speaker was damp. I believe the internals had some frost or ice on them.

I live in CT it's going to be below freezing for a while. How do I remedy this? Should I just live with it wait for the car to warm up? I'm not at all blasting the bass. It shows up at mid range volume
Google searched for speakers and ice were ruined by the use of ICE as an acronym for in car entertainment.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Did the Aftermarket speakers help with the stock crappy sound the car has? I was thinking about an upgrade myself but many on here say the headunit is the culprit. Was even thinking of searching for a HK premium headunit to replace what is there... Does anyone know if that would work? I assume it would...

Funny, I live in CT too and my passenger door speaker buzzes like you describe above. Just figured it was blown, but I don't really blast the hell out of them either-- Its just not worth it. It buzzed in the summer too, so I dont think it's ice :)

·
Super Moderator
11,477 Posts
People complain about all of the head units

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
404 Posts
Did the Aftermarket speakers help with the stock crappy sound the car has? I was thinking about an upgrade myself but many on here say the headunit is the culprit. Was even thinking of searching for a HK premium headunit to replace what is there... Does anyone know if that would work? I assume it would...

Funny, I live in CT too and my passenger door speaker buzzes like you describe above. Just figured it was blown, but I don't really blast the hell out of them either-- Its just not worth it. It buzzed in the summer too, so I dont think it's ice :)
The speakers are fine. Replace the head unit with a quality aftermarket one, not the overpriced HK.

My $0.02.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for the reply!
Wouldn't it be easier just to spend the extra money on a stock premium HK head unit and just be able to plug it in and go? Or does it not work that way... I see a thread with programming the Mestro and the 2 types of this and that and I just dont have the dexterity to handle all that. Know what I mean?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts