Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i've read a lot of what you guys have posted about blitz fmic vs MRT fmi and you guys say the core for the blitz is bigger? well look at these pics the fmi from mrt is bigger, but are you guys talking about depth? I haven't seen the depth of either but i just thought i'd show you guys that the mrt is a little longer...

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
From what Ive heardon this board the MRT has more bends ion the piping to allow for the fog lights to be retained. This comproises some power even though the MRT has a bigger core(I think) than the blitz. The blitx's piping is less restrictive

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i would think if you had a big enough turbo the extra bends wouldn't make a damn difference since air is being forced in through it

·
Registered
878 Posts
lambosv21 said:
i would think if you had a big enough turbo the extra bends wouldn't make a damn difference since air is being forced in through it
Using that theory, exhausts with turns would perform the same as straight ones because its getting forced through there too... That's not how it works though, even small bends will compromise some performance. Depends how much you value your fogs though, if they aren't important, then definitely go w/ the Blitz.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Any concerns over the FMIC getting chewed up with road debris? I checked out my radiator fins yesterday...dang, looks bad....rocks and bugs... does it make a diff?

Also, if your state required a front license plate, would that make a diff on the airflow into the FMIC?

Also, any thoguht on fog-light mod that pushed the lights forward a bit (they are pretty sunken -in), so to allow for the piping on the Blitz, isn;t there a way they could both work?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.