ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every google search always returns content about a front license plate mount, so I figured I'd just ask here instead.

I bought the car used. Original owner didn't put the front plate on. There is no mount, but it looks like the bumper came pre-drilled with pilot holes. They line up perfectly with the plates holes. Am I to assume there are threads behind them? If so, does anybody know what size screw (or bolts) to use? If this is how to do it I was thinking of using a little double sided tape to save for scratches.

Thanks for any input or references.

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
You can go to an auto store and pick up some license plate screws or take the ones off of the rear license plate and see if those work and bring them in a store and find some with similar threads.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can go to an auto store and pick up some license plate screws or take the ones off of the rear license plate and see if those work and bring them in a store and find some with similar threads.
simple enough. So...those pilot holes that I'm seeing are threaded then? I'll go mess with them later and see how they feel.

·
Registered
316 Posts
One strip of double sided tape along the top edge of your plate won't hold for long if you drive your car. For a show car it would be a great solution. You're much better off to use screws.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One strip of double sided tape along the top edge of your plate won't hold for long if you drive your car. For a show car it would be a great solution. You're much better off to use screws.
no no...I'll definitely use screws. I was saying I was going to use some tape as a buffer to keep the plate from rattling and/or scratching up the bumper. I'll only un-peel the adhesive on the plate side so that no residue gets left on the bumper if I ever take it off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts